Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: Reuters

DETROIT, June 6 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp ( said on Friday it was in very early discussions with the Canadian Auto Workers union about adding another model to its car plant in Oshawa, Ontario, after deciding to close a nearby truck plant.

The discussions about a potential third car for the Oshawa car production line, earmarked to make the Chevrolet Camaro and a still unnamed second car, began this week after GM announced it was closing its truck plant in Oshawa, said Stew Low, a spokesman for GM Canada.

The CAW has protested GM's decision to close the Oshawa truck plant in 2009, saying it violates a just-ratified labor contract. CAW President Buzz Hargrove and GM Chief Executive Rick Wagoner met on Friday at GM's headquarters in Detroit. (Reporting by Soyoung Kim and Kevin Krolicki; editing by John Wallace)

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Seriously, WTF can a union do if plants need to be closed because the product produced at that plant isn't selling. F'n unions piss me the hell off.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Volt is already green-lighted for production at the Lordstown plant along side the Chevy Cobalt, the Pontiac G5, and the new compact car (with the Turbo 1.4L 4-cyl).

Of the "Chevrolet Triplets" the Beat is the only one that is greenlighted for production. I would assume that either the sub-compact chassis (Chevy Aveo, Pontiac G3) or the compact Delta chassis (Chevy Cobalt, Pontiac G5, Chevy Volt) would be used for that car.

So I have no educated guess at what this car will be, unless they will keep building large front-wheel drive cars on the W chassis, and add a car to that chassis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts