Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After perusing the threads for quite some time now, I decided to get into the action. I ordered the 2SS on my birthday (October 13th) the first day of ordering and ....how long must I wait? I have one question to any volunteer and that is: Does the Rear Diffuser change the sound and is there an advantage other than the looks?:confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Welcome from Long Island, NY. Congrats on your order and a belated Happy Birthday, friend. As for the rear diffuser, I don't believe there are any sound changing effects from it and I doubt that there are any aerodynamic benefits at legal speed limits.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Welcome from Long Island, NY. Congrats on your order and a belated Happy Birthday, friend. As for the rear diffuser, I don't believe there are any sound changing effects from it and I doubt that there are any aerodynamic benefits at legal speed limits.
Thanks Jon on both accounts. I stopped by the local dealer today and they didn't have any paint chips. I sure wish that I could see that orange in person.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Thanks Jon on both accounts. I stopped by the local dealer today and they didn't have any paint chips. I sure wish that I could see that orange in person.
That Inferno Orange Metallic is a very sharp looking color and was my color of choice until I saw pics of a Red Jewel Tintcoat Camaro on the road. You can't go wrong with either one, IMO!:cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Inferno Orange

Thanks a million Jon, I sticking with it for now but look forward to seeing the actual color on something.

Woff_Man

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have switched back and forth with 5-6 colors but will order mine on December 29th after the Alamo Bowl. I'm in a drawing and expect to drive away with the Camaro they are giving away down there. I sure hope it is IOM or I may need to upgrade it to the way I want it to be.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
welcome from north carolina

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Welcome aboard! And no the diffuser is to create downforce on the rear by eliminating the push up on the rear by wind under the car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Slim

Thanks Slim, can you provide some feedback on the razor spoiler versus the one they show on the car that has the ground effects? I was leaning toward the razor, but have vacillated somewhat. I'm also wondering if the ground effects come the same color as the car, or are they dark grey.

Woff_man

1 - 14 of 14 Posts