Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just read through the last thread on peeling paint and it looks like my issue is going to be a new one :(

i washed the car on sat and noticed that the paint was gone on the trunk by where the spoiler attaches to the trunk

i put a message into my salesman already and i'm just trying to juggle through deliveries to see how quickly i can get the car to the dealership to look at it

i have seen some posts about bulletins for peeling paint and just wondering if anyone else has paint peeling in this spot or is it just me

should i lobby to get the entire trunk painted under warranty?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i'm just not sure where the parameters of warranty are going to fall. i really don't want just a patch job on where it's peeling. i want the hole thing repainted. just not sure if they are going to cover all of that under warranty

man they say things happen in three's, my front bumper was first, now this, i'm scared to find out what is going to be next :(

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
They will most likely strip and recoat the whole panel.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just went out to show a coworker the lifting paint and took a closer look at the other side, and ya it's peeled back from both sides just under the spoiler. i definately want the spoiler taken off and the entire trunk sanded down and repainted. this is absolute crap. i'll get pics up tonight when i get home

·
Registered
181 Posts
More than likely the dealership will just do a blend job on the affected areas. Getting them to repaint the entire trunk may be an issue. It's under warranty, just go with the flow.

·
Registered
63 Posts
get them to do the whole trunk! Where in Alberta you from? I used to live in Edmonton and my brother and sister live in Calgary. I'm driving out there in August with the camaro. First road trip in the new ride.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm bout an hour south of edmonton outlaw. on the north shore of pigeon lake if you have time for a meet up when you come out in aug you should give us a shout

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i tried to photograph both sides but the pass side came out super blurry. but you'l get a good enough idea from this pic

so again i ask has anyone else had problems with the paint lifting at the spoiler on the trunk

or has anyone seen any bulletins about this

man this really has me down

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Don't sweat it, Kitty. That's what the warranty is for. They'll fix it like new.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
god i sure hope so and i really hope i don't lose my car for long over this either

i'm hoping to get out of work early tomorrow and get it to the dealer to have it looked at and start a case file

·
8,984 Posts
Holy ****!

·
Registered
811 Posts
god i sure hope so and i really hope i don't lose my car for long over this either

i'm hoping to get out of work early tomorrow and get it to the dealer to have it looked at and start a case file
Kitty, did you purchase your car off the lot or did you order it from the factory? Might explain a ton. Sorry you have to go through this nonsense!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've seen this before on another Camaro. It was caused by the spoiler being loose on the other car. Might be loose on your car as well. I would push to have the entire trunk lid and spoiler repainted because black can be difficult to blend. Depends on the body shop. Three or four days later it should be good as new. Warranty is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kitty, did you purchase your car off the lot or did you order it from the factory? Might explain a ton. Sorry you have to go through this nonsense!!
straight from factory i had to wait 8 weeks for her to come in

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
that sucks kitty.. any luck with the rear bumper fix? they have to fix it..

·
Registered
811 Posts
straight from factory i had to wait 8 weeks for her to come in
Yeah, this does seem all rather odd. Don't think the dealer had enough time to accidentally do anything to your car, but anything is possible. I'm terribly sorry you have to deal with this. Don't let them get away with anything. Fight it all the way. I wish you all the luck in the world, Kitty!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that sucks kitty.. any luck with the rear bumper fix? they have to fix it..
front bumper

and no i haven't even had time to work on it

so my car is sitting there looking like a total piece of crap right now

and dark it was on the dealer lot for 2 days before i brought it home maybe three

1 - 20 of 37 Posts