Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I switched from stock to Rotofab and cant tell a seat of the pants difference. Then switched from Rotofab to New Era and cant tell a seat of the pants difference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I received one of the first Vararam CAIs and since then traded that one for the re-designed one. I can tell a difference. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I put on a RotoFab and went to the dyno with no other mods. My L99 made 352 rwhp (450 at the flywheel). Now, I don't believe all of that increase can be contributed to the cai but I think at least 30 of that is the RotoFab. Any after market cai is going to give you at least 15 to 20 hp.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have the Airaid but will be getting rid of it when my CAI comes in my hood was designed around the CAI so I want to get what fits the hood better.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I put on a RotoFab and went to the dyno with no other mods. My L99 made 352 rwhp (450 at the flywheel). Now, I don't believe all of that increase can be contributed to the cai but I think at least 30 of that is the RotoFab. Any after market cai is going to give you at least 15 to 20 hp.
There is no way a Rotofab or any other CAI alone is going to net you 30 hp. What are you talking about 450 at the flywheel with a cai? The car stock is rated at 400.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Before anything was done ( bone stock ) I installed my ADM Race CAI with no Tune or anything else done and it picked up 24 hp. That was a closed Air box with the Race scoop on a Bone stock L99.

Then after that on went the exhaust and tune.

ITs been proven in the test by Jenetty Racing that The " CAI Intake from Cold air inductions " and " ADM INTAKE's " Are the two best ones out there.

Hell because of the looks and price and numbers a lot buy CAI's and install ADM's Race scoop.

ADM's in more expensive because of whats its made from and you can take there intake and intall it in other applications other than a Camaro.

Both Great intakes for sure .

you are not doing bad either either one.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
throttle response was greatly improved and the sound was great untill I put ARH headers on and my axle back now I cant hear a **** thing but man going deaf has been fun !!!!
Now if you put a big a subwoofer in the trunk you'll be bleeding from the ears! :eek: I have some songs on my iPod that I swear amplify the sound of the exhaust :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts