Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nice article about one that gave his life for our freedom, and how he is being remembered:

Sgt. Brad Crose's 1981 Chevrolet Corvette - Vette Magazine

Sgt Bradley S. Crose (1979 - 2002) - Find A Grave Memorial

A few more pics of the surprise on his face as he had no idea we went ahead and did an entire restoration/rebuild for him as a gift of appreciation for his and all service members. He only though it was getting tires and belts/hoses to he could drive the Power Tour (a dream he had), and he arrived direct from Germany with no sleep in over 2 days so this is his look when the cover was removed by the Source Interlink staff present, etc:

We had to set many projects back to finish this in time as there was originally going to be several donating to the project, and even the paint shop backed out the last week so I painted it my self out side and we finished the color sand and buff that morning before he arrived. Mike bought the tires and some other parts out of his pocket as well. So what was originally going to be mainly a labor donation on our part turned into an entire restoration, but we could not say no with such a story as this.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Great lookin' car! Ya done a good thing there.

Me?
11yrs. NCO

32H, 29E, 84F, etc.

PSYOP/SOCOM

BTDT

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang!! You guys have really served us well! Impressive credentials.

This :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Been working with the Army for 15 years now ... definitely great guys (Navy for 10 before that ... another great group)

·
Registered
31 Posts
HOO-AHH! To the army from a 6 year bubblehead.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
:patriot:I salute all those who serve and have served in the military!!
Thanks for sharing this story.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was born in the 50's and grew up in the 60's. The stories of our hero's were part of daily life and we were always reminded why we have the freedoms we do, and who sacrificed all to ensure we kept them. Our Grandkids we talk to know don't learn this in school anymore and that alarms me to see we are re-writing history to not offend, and as adults we rarely see focus on those still out there risking it all for us......seems the Kardasion's or what some other celebrity is doing is far more news worthy.

What we forget as far as history's lessons we are destined to repeat. And the only thing between the peace and freedom we know here and the war and chaos elsewhere are our military personnel, and we must never forget the sacrifices made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts