Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on getting either a xb12r or a 1125r as my second "first" bike. I had a bike when I was 18 and rode it for about 2 days before I realized I wasnt disciplined enough to own one and stay alive. Now that Im going to be 32, I cant think of a better present to myself.

Anyone here have any Buell experiences?

Oh also buy my nitrous set-up to help me recoupe bike costs and swing this by the wife.;)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I'm a MC Instructor and when students ask me about bike, First thing I ask them is "What type of Riding do U plan on doing" and then go from there... One thing about Bikes is it's Not so much how U ride as it is "The Others in Traffic U really have to Worry about" One piece of Advice I give riders is, "U have to Respect the Bike & it's Power cause the Bike's not going to Respect U"... When's the last time U've taken a MC Safety Course???

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a MC Instructor and when students ask me about bike, First thing I ask them is "What type of Riding do U plan on doing" and then go from there... One thing about Bikes is it's Not so much how U ride as it is "The Others in Traffic U really have to Worry about" One piece of Advice I give riders is, "U have to Respect the Bike & it's Power cause the Bike's not going to Respect U"... When's the last time U've taken a MC Safety Course???
LOL never. I would have to take one to drive it on base though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, Rodimus, buying a used one?
Even if they sold them new still, I will never again buy a new vehicle, unless Im a billionaire.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
LOL never. I would have to take one to drive it on base though.
If Ur Active Duty, U can take the class for Free through the base.. I recommend once riders have taken the Basic (Bikes Provided Usually) Course and feel ready, take the Advance [BRC2] (on Ur bike) Course and then take the BRC2 at least every 2-3 yrs after just to keep the Complacency from setting in... Good luck on Ur bike Choice...

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I took a class and it was free. Passed best in class with 3/20 mistakes during the final 3 tests..or however they score it.

Choose whatever feels most comfortable to you. Ignore name plates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts