Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an SS owner who has already talked to the dealership about ordering a ZL1 as soon as they are accepting orders. I'd be willing to hold out however if there is a ZL1 convertible in the works.

I've heard no mention of it anywhere, but the GT500 comes in a convertible trim, so I thought it may be fairly likely.

Any speculation?

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I doubt it, but you never know.
SLP has a ZL1 convertible, not quiet the same a GM's ZL1 though.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
If they'd put an automatic in them to sell more of 'em, a convertible is not far-fetched.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
My words didn't come out as intended. I didn't mean put an auto in all of them. I meant if they're willing to put an automatic in a ZL1 as an option (no Z06/ZR1 has an auto), then it means they're willing to give the people what they want. So it is a fair assumption that a convertible version isn't likely to be a door-slamming no.

If they did have a convertible ZL1 regardless of transmission option, it would sell well. JMO.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
My words didn't come out as intended. I didn't mean put an auto in all of them. I meant if they're willing to put an automatic in a ZL1 as an option (no Z06/ZR1 has an auto), then it means they're willing to give the people what they want. So it is a fair assumption that a convertible version isn't likely to be a door-slamming no.

If they did have a convertible ZL1 regardless of transmission option, it would sell well. JMO.
Good point. Doesn't Ford have a convertible in their top model Mustang?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Be positive. You can always make your own. :D
Thats where my username came from. I had a 1993 3000GT VR4 that I called the Arachnyd. Since in 93 they didn't actually make a spyder, and I prefered the look of the 93s to the 94s, I just bought a 93 and did a convertible conversion. (Arachnid is proper spelling of Spider, Arachnyd is my play off of Spyder)

Some people love it, some people hate it, but here it is:

It was a fun project, but that was 15 years ago when "rice" was "nice". Now I'd want to keep the car fairly stock looking, and I wouldnt want to sacrifice the structural integrity.

Of course on that 3000, I added structural supports and never had any body flex of any type (handling actually increased post conversion), I added a lot of weight. I'd imagine on a heavy car like the Zl1, doing a convertible conversion would be a complete waste of time and money. You'd be better off doing a ZL1 conversion on an SS convertible.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Thats where my username came from. I had a 1993 3000GT VR4 that I called the Arachnyd. Since in 93 they didn't actually make a spyder, and I prefered the look of the 93s to the 94s, I just bought a 93 and did a convertible conversion. (Arachnid is proper spelling of Spider, Arachnyd is my play off of Spyder)

Some people love it, some people hate it, but here it is:

It was a fun project, but that was 15 years ago when "rice" was "nice". Now I'd want to keep the car fairly stock looking, and I wouldnt want to sacrifice the structural integrity.

Of course on that 3000, I added structural supports and never had any body flex of any type (handling actually increased post conversion), I added a lot of weight. I'd imagine on a heavy car like the Zl1, doing a convertible conversion would be a complete waste of time and money. You'd be better off doing a ZL1 conversion on an SS convertible.
Sweet car !
Believe it or not, the verts are no different than a coupe, structure wise !
I do believe "FACT !"that Hennessey & some others, are built
with a ton of HP w/Mega Superchargers & handle just as good as a coupe :p
Its just better to have one built from the factory w/warranty than w/out IMO :D
Henessey built one, its on ebay for 75K, a bit to much for my blood/wallet IMO
they also warranty for three years but for that kinda cash they should :lol:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts