Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a FAST intake and fuel rails sitting in a box getting ready for installation. I hear they're a PITA to tune and offer very little gains without the supporting mods. I'm really just looking to "bling" out my engine bay a little bit. I already have the HP covered with my CAI, Tune, LT headers, and Custom comp cam. My L99 is currently putting down 414 to the wheels. I'll be happy with 420HP after install and tune.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ Yup I considered that. Since I had a credit with a performance shop I got the intake for practically nothing. Should be interesting to see what gains come of it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Let me know what is puts down. My dad was interested in this and they both have the same mods and about the same hp..410rwhp

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Since you have a cam, you'll see some gains from it (more than 6hp I would hope). Shouldn't be too much of a PIA to tune for any experienced tuner.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
If you're mostly just worried about bling, they make intake covers that can make the intake look carbon fiber, chrome, painted, etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me know what is puts down. My dad was interested in this and they both have the same mods and about the same hp..410rwhp
Will do. I hope to have it installed by next week. And tuned a couple days later

Since you have a cam, you'll see some gains from it (more than 6hp I would hope). Shouldn't be too much of a PIA to tune for any experienced tuner.
I've worked with so many tuners I finally found one that really knows his stuff! He said he's tuned so many L99's he lost track.

You can never go wrong with a FAST intake. :)

Since you have a cam, you will see a decent gain from it. I would guess 8-10rwhp.

You would also see a nice gain from a ported throttle body as well if you don't have one already.
I would love to see a 10HP gain. Ported TB is next on my list.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am waiting and watching to see the gains!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
youll be happy with 6RWHP from the fast intake?!?! for the price it cost, i wouldnt be happy unless i got their claimed, 15 RWHP. let me know how much you get. i have a cammed ls3 and im wanting to do the 102mm manifold and throttle body. where did you get it at? i saw phastekperformance.com had it cheapest with the fuel injector spacers for 850. keep me posted on what kind of power you get from it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
youll be happy with 6RWHP from the fast intake?!?! for the price it cost, i wouldnt be happy unless i got their claimed, 15 RWHP. let me know how much you get. i have a cammed ls3 and im wanting to do the 102mm manifold and throttle body. where did you get it at? i saw phastekperformance.com had it cheapest with the fuel injector spacers for 850. keep me posted on what kind of power you get from it.
Normally I wouldn’t be happy with a 6HP gain. But I had a credit with a performance shop (LG Motorsports) They wanted $1,047.00 which I thought was ridiculous! Most shops are asking $850.00. But with my credit I only paid $400.00 and an additional $200.00 for the fuel rails which you really don't need. You can still use the OEM fuel rails.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
why do they sell the fuel rails if you dont need them? i thought you had to have the spacer kit? when are you getting it installed and tuned with the manifold?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why do they sell the fuel rails if you dont need them? i thought you had to have the spacer kit? when are you getting it installed and tuned with the manifold?
You don't need their fuel rails. I just wanted the red ones. Well uhmm because they look kinda cool.:)

how bout instead of installing that intake ....you sell it to me?
Give me those Forged 22" wheels and we'll call it even:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
You don't need their fuel rails. I just wanted the red ones. Well uhmm because they look kinda cool.:)

Give me those Forged 22" wheels and we'll call it even:thumbsup:
well, they say you do need the fuel rails. even says on their web site. and those forged 22" wheels plus about 4k and then another 1k for the tires :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, they say you do need the fuel rails. even says on their web site. and those forged 22" wheels plus about 4k and then another 1k for the tires :thumbsup:
Plenty guys using their stock fuel rails. You will need a spacer kit if you use the stock rails. If you buy theirs no spacers needed.

I'll let you sleep on my offer on the Forged. Pretty sure you'll come around:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
didnt i say the spacer kit was needed for the fuel rails? im lost now. you were just telling me the spacer kit wasnt needed, and now you say it is.....im lost. anyways the spacer kit IS needed with the stock fuel rains. and make sure you post your dyno numbers after you get it tuned. when did you say your getting it tuned?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A spacer kit is not needed if you use their fuel rails. A spacer kit is needed if you use your stock ones. I was going to install it this weekend but my tuner is out of town until next week. Question is do I install it and drive it untuned for a week? Or do I just wait until he gets back?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Have to agree, with your cam you should see 8-10 but the cost per HP is on the high side. The CNC ported TB will give that for far less, and on a bolt on motor the ported stock intake manifold gives close to the FAST. Big valve heads & a big cam and the FAST makes more sense. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts