Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if there were any service techs that have access and would be willing to share an online service manual. The link Octane Z28 provided was great for body repair, but I'm really interested in the mechanicals like powertrain and suspension. That kind of data is invaluable when tearing into a brand new motor for a cam swap.

Thanks in advance,
John

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
ill pretend...yes sir im a tech and dont you dare touch that cam....what kinda car do you take it for?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've tried looking a few times and it said something along the lines of "you do not have correct certificate to view this page".
So maybe somewhere there is a computer that can look that up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not a gm tech but I am a service writer at a garage. I have access to all that information but you need my password to view it which I'm not going to give out since I need it. But also all that information is copyrighted and we have to pay for it. Its also illigeal for me to copy and paste it someplace.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not a gm tech but I am a service writer at a garage. I have access to all that information but you need my password to view it which I'm not going to give out since I need it. But also all that information is copyrighted and we have to pay for it. Its also illigeal for me to copy and paste it someplace.
I don't want anybody to overstep any 'legal boundaries' when providing information, but an online service manual in PDF is invaluable for the do-it-yourself hotrodder......like me!:D

Who is permitted to purchase the desired information?

·
Registered
29 Posts
We use Alldata at my shop and anyone can get it. Luckly they also have different subscription offers for people. We pay about 150 bucks a month but we can have three different computers logged on at once.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does AllData still require all those cds for different manufacturers. Been years since I've used it, but I still got the patch saying I'm certified. ;)

I was talking about eSI in my post.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there any conceivable way for me to gain access to this information? I'm only looking for the service and body manuals for the 5th gen Camaro.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.