Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we know anything "definitive" about the next generation? I'm liking what I see in the 14's and may not want to wait. Thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
it will be after two more years of the Camaro production of the fifth gen type body as far as I have heard so it looks like 2016 model year.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Definitive - The next generation Camaro is going to switch to the Lansing Delta plant. This plant builds cars on the Alpha platform, meaning they will not be building a Zeta platform vehicle next to an Alpha car.

Definitive - CAW says they're going to need a replacement vehicle in Oshawa by late 2015, early 2016.

Deduction - If CAW says they'll need a replacement vehicle in Oshawa by 2016, that theoretically could mean that we'll see the next generation Camaro by 2016.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I thought we already knew that the 6th Gen Camaro was coming out as a 2016 model. Here's a couple of pics of the Bumblebee concept created for the Transformers 4 movie coming out next year...could this be a peek at the 6th Gen Camaro? [URL="[/URL] Any thoughts?

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
334 Posts
I thought we already knew that the 6th Gen Camaro was coming out as a 2016 model. Here's a couple of pics of the Bumblebee concept created for the Transformers 4 movie coming out next year...could this be a peek at the 6th Gen Camaro? [URL="[/URL] Any thoughts?

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]
That's clearly just a fifth gen with a nose job...

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm not sure why everyone is linking the TF4 Bumblebee car to the 6th gen. The TF4 car is most obviously inspired by the 2014 Camaro than anything else. The futuristic look in my opinion is only due to the direction the TF4 movies are going in. Take a good look at what Optimus Prime looks like for the 4th movie.

We really know nothing about the 6th gen Camaro except that you can bet it will have an LT1 from the C7 under the hood and probably the 7 spd transmission as well. There have not been any official concept cars or sketches released, nor any camouflaged 6th gens running around GM testing grounds. At least not that we know of.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What I posted above in addition to BluePhoenix's comment about the LT1 (it's an assumption, but it's a given too) being in the 6th gen are the only things we really know.

Oh, and that it will be lighter than the 5th gen, but that's not hard to do :lol:

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
That's clearly just a fifth gen with a nose job...
That's stating the obvious...but some haven't seen the pictures or know that a 4th Transformer movie is coming next year so I thought this would be a good place to share. And I still think the front end is going in the direction that we will see the 6th Gen go...very reminiscent of the 2nd to 3rd Gen redesign.

I'm not sure why everyone is linking the TF4 Bumblebee car to the 6th gen. The TF4 car is most obviously inspired by the 2014 Camaro than anything else.
Like I said above...I think we can all tell it's a 5th Gen...but it's heading in the likely direction that the 6th Gen Camaro will go.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I'm still trying to recover from my sense of awe at seeing the new Corvette! :drool: :notworthy:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well we know that the 3.6 will offer a twin turbo putting out over 420HP. Caddilac will offer the same setup at 420hp. They will squeeze just a little more hp out on the camaro. Guess the v8 will have to be up considerably more. Found this out at the Caddilac dealer.

·
Registered
110 Posts

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

Those slanty headlamps gotta go.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's stating the obvious...but some haven't seen the pictures or know that a 4th Transformer movie is coming next year so I thought this would be a good place to share. And I still think the front end is going in the direction that we will see the 6th Gen go...very reminiscent of the 2nd to 3rd Gen redesign.

Like I said above...I think we can all tell it's a 5th Gen...but it's heading in the likely direction that the 6th Gen Camaro will go.
I most certainly hope you are wrong, cause that car is hideous.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the information. I bought a pre-owned 11 vert and love the car so much I wanted a new one. But though I may change my mind when I see the car in person, so far from what I've seen I'm not that crazy about the '14 refresh. Just wondered if I could hold off until the '16 model. Thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well we know that the 3.6 will offer a twin turbo putting out over 420HP. Caddilac will offer the same setup at 420hp. They will squeeze just a little more hp out on the camaro. Guess the v8 will have to be up considerably more. Found this out at the Caddilac dealer.
yeah they will offer it in the $70,000 Cadillac, doubt we will see it in the Camaro, doesn't make any sense to put a 420 HP v6 in a Camaro when the SS is already 426 HP and half the price of the cadi, making a TT V6 Camaro will price it out of the v6 market, no one would buy a TT v6, they'd rather just buy a V8 for less which can easily have more power than the TT v6 too. It just doesn't make any sense to me to offer a TT v6 in a Camaro. the supercharged v8 is the way to go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts