Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im curious if any of our members have done thier exhaust yet. I was thinking when my car arrives to just replace the original mufflers with Flowmaster. Is that worth it ? will I gain any performance ? Had anyone seen hi flow cats for this car yet ? Am I best off going with a total cat back or is replacing the mufflers good enough ? The borla system seems a bit pricey but if its the concensus that a system like that is the way to go then Im going to save my money for a while. any input is appreciated :black5thburn: any suggestions ?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
You can certainly try just swapping mufflers...you could always go w/ an axle-back system. Did you order M6 or A6?

The only hi-flow cats I've seen come with headers, I haven't seen a stock-replacement catted mid-pipe yet.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just finished my install on Wednesday. It's great. No noise when just cruising about town, but when you open it up it comes alive. Very have with what I installed. American Racing headers, w/3" stainless steel back to the stock axles and used stock muffers. If I knew how to post a video on this site then all could hear how sweet.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A6 for me swappin out the mufflers seems to be the most resonable way to go is there any advantage to after market pipes? With another baby on the way I have to go with the most affordable option.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
A6 for me swappin out the mufflers seems to be the most resonable way to go is there any advantage to after market pipes? With another babay on the way I have to go with the most affordable option.

with an A6, you'll gain more HP by doing a complete cat-back, because there's a bunch of resonators on there. BUT, it's also more susceptible to drone. Could always try just a muffler delete.

Flowmaster should have some systems out soon, so might be worth the wait to see what they're offering.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
with an A6, you'll gain more HP by doing a complete cat-back, because there's a bunch of resonators on there. BUT, it's also more susceptible to drone. Could always try just a muffler delete.

Flowmaster should have some systems out soon, so might be worth the wait to see what they're offering.
Cool thats the kind of advice I was looking for, I am a big flowmaster guy,, I went with magna flow on my TA and was dissapointed in the sound,,my 69 sounds like its angry about something thats the sound I want

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Im curious if any of our members have done thier exhaust yet. I was thinking when my car arrives to just replace the original mufflers with Flowmaster. Is that worth it ? will I gain any performance ? Had anyone seen hi flow cats for this car yet ? Am I best off going with a total cat back or is replacing the mufflers good enough ? The borla system seems a bit pricey but if its the concensus that a system like that is the way to go then Im going to save my money for a while. any input is appreciated :black5thburn: any suggestions ?
I still plan to get a catback, but I need to recoup my finances before I spend $1500+ more on my car, so it may be a while...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went with the ground affects package and GM high performance mufflers. The sound is real throaty. If that is a word?? The Dealer still doesn't have my retangular tips in or the COLD AIR Intake on yet. Guess GM hasn't made it for the V6 yet? That's what the Dealer here in Utah says. I purchased it in June. Cman#3

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
My son and I relaced the factory system yesterday with a cat back from MBRP on our 1SS 6.2 6sp manual. the sound is awesome. Not loud just a low toned growl. No drone at any speed and the fit is perfect. Only took an hour. Completely satisfied.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
My son and I relaced the factory system yesterday with a cat back from MBRP on our 1SS 6.2 6sp manual. the sound is awesome. Not loud just a low toned growl. No drone at any speed and the fit is perfect. Only took an hour. Completely satisfied.
Good to hear.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
i went with the Magnaflow street system. . . Not very lout at all. . . has a nice rumble over the stock exhaust, but if I would do it again, I would grab the comp exhaust.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went with the GM Performance mufflers on my L99 SS/RS. It is an improvement over the stock mufflers in appearance and sound. Still not what I was hoping for though. I will probably go with headers in the near future and possibly swap out the GMP mufflers for some Flow Masters. I really liked the way the American Thunder series sounded on a truck I once owned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i've been pricing the magnaflow systems and found Planet Magnaflow the cheapest, but i had to use their make offer system to get it. mmokin deal, couldn't pass up. i do like the sound of the flowmasters too.

anyone know if bassani is gonna make a system? on their site they have it in the drop downs, but it shows no products ... yet.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
i've been pricing the magnaflow systems and found Planet Magnaflow the cheapest, but i had to use their make offer system to get it. mmokin deal, couldn't pass up. i do like the sound of the flowmasters too.

anyone know if bassani is gonna make a system? on their site they have it in the drop downs, but it shows no products ... yet.

i wouldn't buy bassani again...great sound, but the one I had fit like crap, always rattled around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the SLP Axle Back Loudmouth II and Kooks LT headers w/hi flo cats mating to the OEM "H" pipe in my garage waiting for my new SS.

I installed this system in my brother's SS and it really sounds good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
2 days after I got our car we took it down to the local muffler shop and had the resinator taken out and the stock mufflers. put in an X pipe and flowmasters. It drowns a bit but it sounds awsome!! It feels like it has more poop off the line too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts