Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shop I have the closest relationship [ other than the dealer ] pushes Amsoil synthetics.I'm comog up on my 3rd Oilchange & want to switch all fluids to Synthetice.I read the thread about using the G.M. friction modifier & will insist on that. Just don't know much about Amsoil.I've read tons on this site,as well as MobilOne's site. Just curious if Amsoil is yet another MFGR,like Royal purpke, Etc. All supposeddly great products. Thanks, usmc52:confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Camaro Scotty. That was a very informative atricle & puts. my mind at ease as to Amsoil isn't just another " fly by night" oil Mfgr. usmc52

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Thanks Camaro Scotty. That was a very informative atricle & puts. my mind at ease as to Amsoil isn't just another " fly by night" oil Mfgr. usmc52
Hmm. That was pretty much a big advertisement. You'll get mixed reviews on it, in real life. I'm not a fan of their pyramid-like (they go to great lengths to convince you it's "multi-level-marketing", however) selling scheme. Got to remember the founder also was part of the Amway marketing model too. So take that for what it's worth.

It is one of the few true PAO oils out there. But their marketing is more like a non-republican attack ad...note they're ALWAYS knocking other oils rather than simply touting their own successes. Kinda backwards to me.

But none of the OE's use it, or has ever used it, as factory fill. The Amsoil zombies will espouse ad nauseum about the reason why as Mobil 1 practically gives it away...and on and on...blah blah- standard Amsoil talking points. Fact is, they DON'T nor ever have. In my mind, by hook or crook, but the consumer perception is OE factory use can "legitimize" an oil.

Amsoil is good, but it's not a panacea as they'd like you to believe. Buy some and try it yourself and if you like it, then that's all that matters.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
All I know is that they have salespeople everywhere, posting on forums and newsgroups, or at least it seems that way. Maybe I'm getting them confused with Amway.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
el ess Ex, I'll look into it deeper. If It has anything to do with Amway. ,I'll Cease & Desist immediately.Amway is this countries biggest ripp-off. Because their name sounds alike,will not make me Diss them on 1 persons opinion. I make decisions on research from many searches. No offense to you. Like any smart person, we look into the info presented to us & form our own opinions. Thanks for the info.USMC52. As the leaders before me taught,assess the target,before deploying human asset's.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
el ess Ex, I'll look into it deeper. If It has anything to do with Amway. ,I'll Cease & Desist immediately.Amway is this countries biggest ripp-off. Because their name sounds alike,will not make me Diss them on 1 persons opinion. I make decisions on research from many searches. No offense to you. Like any smart person, we look into the info presented to us & form our own opinions. Thanks for the info.USMC52. As the leaders before me taught,assess the target,before deploying human asset's.
i don't think they are :thumbsup:

either way, i'm sticking with mobil1, it is among one of the best and is priced fair

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
el ess Ex, I'll look into it deeper. If It has anything to do with Amway. ,I'll Cease & Desist immediately.Amway is this countries biggest ripp-off. Because their name sounds alike,will not make me Diss them on 1 persons opinion. I make decisions on research from many searches. No offense to you.
I'm not offended. Not by a long shot. If you want to throw dirt in your crankcase because you think it's the right thing to do, go ahead, that's up to you. Don't ever take one person's word for anything. Always check for yourself. I never said Amzoil was linked to Amway anyway. I simply stated their marketing scheme is similar.

Just was pointing out some flaws (imo) to their marketing is all. I have no issues with Mobil 1, so there's no need for me to make the switch to anything else.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Use it in my work truck 2005 dodge 2500 diesel, truck has 333k miles and is going strong, its spent its life towing either a 10k crane or various other heavy loads. i change the oil every 15k miles if i havent been towing much, if ive spent those miles towing then i change it at 12k. they say that you can run 25k miles on an oil change but id rather not push the limits. havent gotten around to adding it to the camaro yet main reason is cause my company pays for the oil changes and filter and we have a 55gallon drum in the shop of Amsoil.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I switched to AMSOIL after talking with my Dad who was in the Army for 41 years and they have been using it since the 70's. He has 230,000 miles on a 74 Vega 4 banger that has been bored and sleeved and 240,000 mi. on a 76 Olds Vista Cruiser station wagon. He has been using this oil in both and they are still running strong. He changes the filter every 3,000 and oil every 15k. I have been using it in my rigs now since 2003 so my stuff is still relatively new in comparison.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Amsoil makes a great product but is also multi-level marketed. I am 99.9% positive that they are not related to Amway but being multi-level it sure makes it feel that way. I use to use them until I moved into an area where there was not a rep and quit using Mobil1 after they changed their oil and now use Penzoil Platinum or Ultra.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts