Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Not yet!

We will ship no Camaro before its time!

Quality is our number one concern!

(...but you can imagine what the environment must be like in the yard at Oshawa -- all of that 'muscle' just straining to get out........)

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
If heaven could not handle all the noise i definitly dont think the oshawa plant would be able to

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Not yet!

We will ship no Camaro before its time!

Quality is our number one concern!

(...but you can imagine what the environment must be like in the yard at Oshawa -- all of that 'muscle' just straining to get out........)
LMAO! I love it!!! :D

Fbodfather, I know you've heard it before but allow me to reiterate -- it is fabulous to have you take time to frequent the web forums (especially this one!) to enlighten, explain, entertain and assuage fears & concerns as you do. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
LMAO! I love it!!! :D

Fbodfather, I know you've heard it before but allow me to reiterate -- it is fabulous to have you take time to frequent the web forums (especially this one!) to enlighten, explain, entertain and assuage fears & concerns as you do. Thanks you.

X2

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bad News....Kind of?

I was just shown a memo that came from GM to the dealer I have my car ordered from (2SS) that says the SS orders have been pushed back until they get the cars for the dealer release on May 6th built. It says to expect the SS orders to ship in early May for the cars that were ordered early, (October/November).
This was about what I had planned so not too upset but was told a few weeks ago that I may have my car in April. Now looks like middle to end of May.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
^ well, i hadn't heard that.

mine has not shipped yet either. but i'm kinda glad. i'm scheduled to have wisdom teeth taken out next week and i don't wanna have to drive to dallas all doped up :lol:

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
I was just shown a memo that came from GM to the dealer I have my car ordered from (2SS) that says the SS orders have been pushed back until they get the cars for the dealer release on May 6th built. It says to expect the SS orders to ship in early May for the cars that were ordered early, (October/November).
This was about what I had planned so not too upset but was told a few weeks ago that I may have my car in April. Now looks like middle to end of May.
Wow...the "Camaro VIN" spreadsheet a forum member put together shows at least 300 SSs (1SS and 2SS) of some 1,000 VINS have been produced in the last, what, 10 days of Production. Are those just to sit in Oshawa until early May?

I suppose if those who ordered the ones already completed (SSs and non), as well as those to be produced between now and the end of April (5 weeks from today) can wait until mid-May to take delivery without getting upset, that is better than being asked to wait until June 24th (release date for Transformers 2)...

Maybe it is just me, but it feels like a "Marketing" (timing) thing, rather than a "let's get these babies into our customer's hands ASAP" thing...I have been so excited to get a TPW and a VIN (has not happened yet, was at Event Code 3300 last Friday), but now I feel more like "why bother getting all excited in March / April"? :( Can anyone sense my anxiety? ;)

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
^ well, i hadn't heard that.

mine has not shipped yet either. but i'm kinda glad. i'm scheduled to have wisdom teeth taken out next week and i don't wanna have to drive to dallas all doped up :lol:
Good luck with that... mine have not been taken out yet i am the only one in my immediate family that still has wisdom teeth

·
Registered
395 Posts
dont feel bad, i didnt order til mid february i wont see mine till august at the earliest, now...do you sense my anxiety LMAO

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ordered in December and I have tried calling my dealer, who has still not returned my calls. I'm ready to go over his head.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
dont feel bad, i didnt order til mid february i wont see mine till august at the earliest, now...do you sense my anxiety LMAO
Is that a rhetorical question? :lol:

(I ordered mine October 13th...my Dealer submitted mine for their 1st allocation...yeay!)

·
Registered
913 Posts
There is no way they will hold these cars for another month. Fbodfather said above they are addressing what I assume are final quality issues. He has repeatedly stated that they want us to have our cars as soon as possible. Holding them for a month is in direct contradiction to that. I'm still going with the "they'll ship any time now" line of thought. My .02

·
Banned
1,136 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Real nice day here in Buffalo (2-1/2 hours from the plant) to be putting the 3rd or so coat of wax on my car...

IF it would just leave Oshawa... :(

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts

NOT TRUE!

(........and I wouldn't stand in front of the gates next week if I were you......)

:p

(rumor has it that with all that muscle in one place a 'certain other' coupe specimen **insert whinny here** has not been seen within 50 miles of Oshawa in the last week.....:lol:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts