Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright..so I had to return the original new phone I got because the "5" button wouldn't work. While I was there I went ahead and got a higher-end phone (no extra cost ftw). But there is one problem with it..the original phone used a standard 3.5mm jack..this one uses a 2.5mm one.
So I've been trying to find an adapter..and it's proving to me MUCH more difficult than I anticipated. I've read reviews of all different kinds from all kinds of manufacturers. There are a LOT of complaints about headphones only playing on one side.. Some say that you need a 3 ring connector to get headphones to play on both sides. But others say that'll cause normal headphones to only play on one side and that you need a 2 ring connector.

This **** is driving me bananas. :\

EDIT: Before someone says "get a 2.5mm headset!" here are the reasons why I need an adapter: Last night I ordered some badass altec lansing earbuds from amazon for $20 (normally $80). Plus I want to use it as an audio player in my car when it is plugged in through the AUX port in the front (this worked with the original new phone).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
from what I remember, the "2 ring" should be stereo...not sure about the 3 ring.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been looking at that and ones similar to that. The general consensus is that it'd work. But then there are still some saying that it only does mono on their headphones.

And someone in another review on another item said Nokia's are different (somehow).
Hence my predicament. It'd be a hellova lot easier if I knew someone around here that had an adapter so I could try it out, lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i bet radioshack will have an adapter... i have a friend into music and he has all kinds of plugs and adapters and cords laying around that he got at radioshack.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Luwinkle, did you get a Palm by chance? They use that 2.5 size in some of their phones. To get from 3.5 female to 2.5 male your link is the best one I have found.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i bet radioshack will have an adapter... i have a friend into music and he has all kinds of plugs and adapters and cords laying around that he got at radioshack.
I went to radioshack, they best they have is a 2 ring plug adapter. And it's not a cable, it's a piece of metal that sticks out about an inch out of the side of the phone. And they were out of stock on those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts