Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the "ring" lap it was mentioned that the deciding factors far as suspension, etc. would be determined. Any insight or is it already posted on what struts and springs will be supporting the "SS" package?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hopefully whichever ones are made in the USA. GM should still try to get most of their parts from American manufacturers. Am I right, or am I right? :D

Oh, I almost forgot, the car is being manufactured in Canada, so Canadian parts are good too :)

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
ac delco/sachs which is a trifecta with the decarbons :BangHead:

...how badass would it be to have bilsteins on the the "SS" :roxor: GM did this with the solstice gxp
I could see them using bilsteins. (what the heck, I have them on my trailblazer).

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hopefully whichever ones are made in the USA. GM should still try to get most of their parts from American manufacturers. Am I right, or am I right? :D

Oh, I almost forgot, the car is being manufactured in Canada, so Canadian parts are good too :)
And co-developed by Australia, so Aussie parts are ok. :D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
they came stock from the factory? :confused:
yeah, they use them in a lot of the trucks/suv's. I had a blazer that had them too. I'm sure they are the low end bilsteins though, but could certainly be worse.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I went as far as buying a 3 series BMW 3 years ago for gas mileage and I went ahead and lowered it with H&R springs. To many bad things I have learned about Eibach and Bilstein well ehhh in my motorcrossing days I never liked them to be honest. I almost ran Koni double adjustable shocks over bilstein. A few of yall mentioned Sachs.... thats a brand BMW uses factory on there cars a lot so who knows.

They cant be bad whatever we are going to be using.....it looks to be handleing real well so far for factory.....now for a certain autocross junkie we have on here ;) he will be the first to tell us the flaws im sure :rotflmao:

Right ? lol

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Junkie? I can quit anytime I want to..... maybe...... alright, fine.... I'm addicted. Are you happy?

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Hey SCCA and Road Racing made me the driver I am today lol
There is nothing with being addicted to it lol
ITs the Best addiction there is....until you have had the chance to get out on a track and learn how to drive and stay on a track you havent done anything IMO !!!!!!!!!
I just couldnt afford to do itm uch longer .... I got into it REAL heavy....plus I spoiled myself on a set of Hoosiers and couldnt go back to Kuhmo's lol
I couldnt afford mulitiple sets of Hoosiers.
I would go to worldspeedway here in Texas !!!!!
http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/
So I got the 69 and now im waiting on the 2010 lol

Whats next ? :confused: :rotflmao: time will only tell.

Live free ...... Feel young.....Die old and Go through Tires lol :roxor::patriot:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Next week, I'm in a 2003 Corvette Z06 on Hoosiers! I can't wait! I placed 39th out of 69 last year at the National Championships, and it was the first time I'd driven that car. Of course, the guy that owns the car placed 7th. I just want to do better than 39th this year.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Next week, I'm in a 2003 Corvette Z06 on Hoosiers! I can't wait! I placed 39th out of 69 last year at the National Championships, and it was the first time I'd driven that car. Of course, the guy that owns the car placed 7th. I just want to do better than 39th this year.
7th ! You can tell who gets pleanty of time behind the wheel of that Z06 huh ? lol
Good luck man...if you get any pictures post them up I would love to see them :D

Good luck have fun and stay out of the dirt.... you get better traction on the track im sure :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts