Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going to add the GM Air BOX to your L99? What do we expect it to accomplish horsepower wise? Will this affect AFM and change the exhaust note? Just looking for thoughts.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Im getting it but not right away, I would imagine its a similar gain like it is on other LS small block 15 to 25 horsies or so, I figure that, loudmouth exhaust if available, maybe a tune and im done. There is going to be so many after market products Christmas for a few years is taken car of for me

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Is anyone going to add the GM Air BOX to your L99? What do we expect it to accomplish horsepower wise? Will this affect AFM and change the exhaust note? Just looking for thoughts.
Considering it. Based on Howard's (Redline Motorsports) dyno, one of those and a better exhaust could help things a lot and not just the exhaust note.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
what is this airbox...link, pics?

DESCRIPTION: 2010 Camaro Air Intake Kit

V-8 (LS3 and L99) Air Intake Kit

This part is not yet available, please email our customer service for availability.

Give your Camaro a breath of fresh air—and improve your horsepower—with GM Performance Parts air intake kit. They include an open-element air filter for lower restriction and a great-looking, performance-style housing for a true tuner appearance.
Link might not work, but here it is

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Not quite what I had in mind, but necessity is the mother of invention.....BTW, do you have some extra Tampax boxes?:D

COLD AIR IS KING!!! You'll hear this again............
With the attitudes we get around here at times im sure someone has a few laying around they have used all up ;) :lol:

Yeah the more Cold air the better :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Not for me....I'll be making my own CAI.;)
I don't think the airbox accessory is cold air. If GM is offering a CAI, does anyone have a part number? I thought I saw Diller mention that there was going to be a CAI from GM.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I don't think the airbox accessory is cold air. If GM is offering a CAI, does anyone have a part number? I thought I saw Diller mention that there was going to be a CAI from GM.

I doubt GM will have one...but Vararam will have a CAI out soon, they make nice intakes for 'vettes.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts