Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
I use it in the truck, but it doesn't have TPMS.

·
Registered
99 Posts
never heard of it but almost all tire sealers/ fix/a/flat products are instant death to TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The fix-a-flat in a can is some pretty nasty stuff. It will just about make you barf when you pull the tire off the rim. The stuff gets a little rank and not to mention a sticky slim cover film left on the rim. It just makes a mess. I'll never use it.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I have only used this stuff at the ranch in the ATV's and large tubless tractor tires. It was better than nothing against the big thorns but I found some local stuff made in Texas that has paper pulp mixed in with a type of antifreeze that works so much better. The green stuff has about the same goo in it but has ground up rubber to seal the holes. But the paper slime works almost instantly and I can reach down and pull out the five inch thorn with my plyers and it will seal up instantly and stay that way.

I will be glad to pass on the name of the stuff if anyone is interested. It's about 23.00 a gallon, if I rememeber correctly. It's been a long time since I needed any more cause it works so good.:lol:

·
Registered
588 Posts
never heard of it but almost all tire sealers/ fix/a/flat products are instant death to TPMS sensors.
Why is that?

The TPMS sensors as near as I can tell are epoxy sealed. Much like my aquarium powerheads.

You can't even change the batteries in them unless you break them open.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Had to have a Goodyear replaced few years ago. Got a hole in the side wall. You could see where the green stuff had eating at the inside of a tire. If you use it get it out as soon as you can!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Did anyone actually watch the video...lol. Because that stuff isn't for use after a flat...it's a preventative coating and it claims to be TPMS safe. They mention it's use on large fleet vehicles but not on cars so I would beware.

My car came with a spare and a jack which are currently stored in the garage because they're useless. And for $24 a year Envy gets a flatbed ride home if she ever gets a flat because there's no sense in changing my tire twice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
as far as TPMS safe it wouldn't harm the sensor it self but it may clog the stem up which can be replaced since the sensors in our cars are 2 piece sensors. As a manager of a tire I personally wouldn't use any "fix a flat" type materials in my tires unless I was going to replace the tire. It makes a mess of the tire and literally melts away at the inner liner of the tire making it really impossible to do a proper internal patch type repair.

·
Registered
511 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts