Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother-in-law needs a new car...I'm gonna try and get her to buy american. She's considering a Rav-4 or a Forrester. Needs to be AWD.

So...any experience with a Vibe?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yea it is a toyota..but a decent car...sometimes a lil underpowered from when i drove them...at least in the AWD variant....not bad FWD....youd have to drive one urself and see what ya think really.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decent car, I like it. You know it is a Toyota right? Nothing wrong with that, but just making sure you know :D

Why does she need AWD over FWD? Personal preference?
is it the same as the Matrix? just trying to steer her to GM if possible.
her last couple of cars were Subaru's...she likes the AWD.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
is it the same as the Matrix? just trying to steer her to GM if possible.
her last couple of cars were Subaru's...she likes the AWD.
Yep, same car.

AWD is good, but it costs more and MPG is slightly less than FWD. If she want's AWD - go for it :D

It had a Yamaha motor in the GT in the first design, I belive it has the Toyota VVT motor now.

Good cheap transportation. Would she consider a used one to save even more $$?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yep, same car.

AWD is good, but it costs more and MPG is slightly less than FWD. If she want's AWD - go for it :D

It had a Yamaha motor in the GT in the first design, I belive it has the Toyota VVT motor now.

Good cheap transportation. Would she consider a used one to save even more $$?

I figure she can get a good deal on a new one. Her last car was melted (house fire)...so insurance is gonna pay for a nice chunk of it.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry about the house.
Even a better deal :D
thanks...electrical fire...melted 2 cars and burned through the attic and roof. Scary sh*t. Everyone is OK though (and living with me:eek:).

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Better man than I :rotflmao:
oh, I'm trying to find them a house to rent too, believe me.;) (also paid for by insurance).

how's the front/rear leg room in the vibe?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
My stepsister owns one and I gotta tell you, it's pretty big inside. She has the GT, but it rides well. Could handle a LOT more power though. (GXP Variant?)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Three big advantages to buying a Vibe instead of a Matrix:
1. GM product.
2. Built in USA (Matrix is built in Canada)
3. It costs less than the Matrix.
It also looks better and has OnStar. (but I'm not really a fan of it.)

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Three big advantages to buying a Vibe instead of a Matrix:
1. GM product.
2. Built in USA (Matrix is built in Canada)
3. It costs less than the Matrix.

Thanks guys...I don't think she's ever owned a GM product...I'm gonna work on it.:patriot::patriot::patriot:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
We sell a lot of those - as former rental units. I think they're ugly, but they actually ride & drive nice, get decent MPG, and have lots of room.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We sell a lot of those - as former rental units. I think they're ugly, but they actually ride & drive nice, get decent MPG, and have lots of room.
yeah, I'm not that crazy about how they look either...but there's not many choices in that size w/ AWD. The closest thing is probably the Equinox, but she thinks that's too big.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 20 Posts