Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the idea of a sleeper project and I thought about the LS Camaro. The 1LT Coupe is a $1000 more on their website, but that thousand dollars could be used for extra parts.

Anyone else thinking about a LS Turbo Coupe Sleeper?

So let's say you walk out the door with a $20,000 LS coupe. That is $8-10k saved for your turbo(s) with all the bells and whistles.

Do we have evidence of any turbo'd V6 Camaro making LS3 Power yet? I really haven't researched anything because this idea just hit me.

Thanks

EDIT: Pics of your LS Camaros would be great.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well let's just say I trade in my mom's beater car and I haggle a bit, $20,000.

I want the sleeper to be a good handeling track car. The LS has to be somewhat lighter than it's SS siblings. With a CF hood and lightweight wheels, a turbo and other engine work, I could have a quick camaro that would shame it's V8 counterpart.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Well let's just say I trade in my mom's beater car and I haggle a bit, $20,000.

I want the sleeper to be a good handeling track car. The LS has to be somewhat lighter than it's SS siblings. With a CF hood and lightweight wheels, a turbo and other engine work, I could have a quick camaro that would shame it's V8 counterpart.
So it would be your moms camAro then? That would be some pretty fancy haggling

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone turbo-ing it yet, but your idea shouldn't be that far-off.

btw, I heard there was a Texas tuning company that was working on a Turbo V6 Camaro (idk if it's an LS though) to beat the GT-R's Nurburgring Lap Time. (lolwut). It should be at SEMA 2009 as far as I know. Supposed to have 500+ horsepower o_O. No pricing yet, but my point is- it's totally doable.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
as far as I've heard, no one is tuning the V6 yet...so that's kinda standing in the way of any major performance upgrades as of now.

·
8,984 Posts
Check out the guys over at cadillacforums.com. I believe D3 is making a turbo for the CTS'.

·
8,984 Posts
Squires is making the turbo for ETMC.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Quite honestly, the LS is a fantastic baseline for a race car.

If I had the funds for a 2nd one, I'd be REALLY tempted to buy an LS, slap V8 brakes and suspension on it, lightweight race wheels, turbo the motor, put on all the regular bolt-ons, tune it aggressively, and lighten the thing up some.

I bet you could get a 400hp, 3400lb racer with that combo pretty easily.
All said and done, it'd probably end up costing about the same as a loaded 2SS.

And really... even without the power mods you still have a 304hp, 3400lb racer.
Not too shabby that way either.
But either way, being a race-purpose vehicle I'd do the wheels, brakes and suspension.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Tell you what, I'll sell you my 2003 GT with work already one to it. You can take the 20k+ you would have spent on a camaro + mods and buy engine, tranny and mods...beat corvettes!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd like to see a Camaro V6 weighed in CF trim. CF hood and trunk, light weight wheels, CF fenders and fiber glass doors? That's gonna be real expensive but it might be worth it.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I'd like to see a Camaro V6 weighed in CF trim. CF hood and trunk, light weight wheels, CF fenders and fiber glass doors? That's gonna be real expensive but it might be worth it.
screw carbon fiber.. just get rid of all the noise reduction and safety devices (airbags etc), seats, and anything else not necessary to drive, and you've got a much lighter car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts