Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So almost everytime i open the trunk lid, something rattles on the inside of that grey cover. i know its not the spoiler loose, because i tugged on it and its in place. Just wondering what you guys got before i go tearing away at it.

and what's the best way to take those tabs off without breaking them?

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
It's probably one of the nuts that attach the spoiler.
The spoiler might not be loose, but that still could be it.

Tabs - are you talking about the black circular grommets?
I get those off by sliding a business card behind the edge and pulling it forward.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i actually had that problem the day i brought my car home. it was a nut for something. probably the spoiler. i didnt look too much further into it.

getting the trunk tabs off were a pain in the ass. i didnt break any but i pulled really hard on the cover and actually got them to pop off one at a time like that.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It is most likely a nut from the spoiler I had the same problem with mine. I got tired of hearing it so I removed the clips (Tabs). I took off the cover and found a nut off from the spoiler, so I put it back on and tightened all the other nuts.
The easiest way to get the clips off is a clip removal tool it is the easiest way and won't break.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the trunk lid cover off last night to check for anything loose. could not find a thing! checked all the spoiler nuts and they were all snug. it's like the rattling disappeared b/c it quit after i took the cover off and put it back on. maybe it was the wire for the emergency exit handle rubbing on something?:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I pulled the trunk lid cover off last night to check for anything loose. could not find a thing! checked all the spoiler nuts and they were all snug. it's like the rattling disappeared b/c it quit after i took the cover off and put it back on. maybe it was the wire for the emergency exit handle rubbing on something?:confused::confused::confused:
I think there is 6 nuts did you check to see if all were there? Because what I'm hearing, it sounds like the same thing that occured to me. I took the cover off and the nut fell out and into the trunk, so I put it back on and no problem. Has long as the sound is gone that's all that matters and your spoiler stays on your trunk lid. :)

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i noticed mine stopped after removing the cover too. but it was because whatever it was fell out when the cover was removed. some tiems mine stopped rattling but it was because it got wedged into a crack for a moment, until it got loosened up again. IT WILL be back if you havent found IT!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
So almost everytime i open the trunk lid, something rattles on the inside of that grey cover. i know its not the spoiler loose, because i tugged on it and its in place. Just wondering what you guys got before i go tearing away at it.

and what's the best way to take those tabs off without breaking them?
Trunk Monkey?

·
Registered
9 Posts
A quick question. The dealer advised us not to keep car at any sustained speed for any length of time. We travel from Destin Fl. to New Orleans eevry few weeks, so do I have to break it in here, before I can take it on the road for any length of time. Thanks..

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
A quick question. The dealer advised us not to keep car at any sustained speed for any length of time. We travel from Destin Fl. to New Orleans eevry few weeks, so do I have to break it in here, before I can take it on the road for any length of time. Thanks..
Maybe start a new thread about this as it has nothing to do with the month-old thread you posted in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts