Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
yeah i have the l99 too, with AMH, fastlanes CAI, and tune, it came out to be 411.7rwhp at 4913rpms, and 461.5rwtq at 3944rpms. so ive seen an increase of 88.8 more rwhp and 118.9 rwtq over stock i think thats pretty awsome. the cam sounds great and works with the l99 being called a "phaser" cam becasue of the AFM and VVT. It is recomended to get a Torque Converter with an install like that becasue the bottom end power is real weak because basically the power band has been moved up a thousand so im getting that installed on Wed, 3600 stall. im going to keep it like this for a little bit then forge the internals etc etc. keep searching for other cams though because there are much more options for intake/outtake/lift out thier now with better pricing :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have the l99 too, with AMH, fastlanes CAI, and tune, it came out to be 411.7rwhp at 4913rpms, and 461.5rwtq at 3944rpms. so ive seen an increase of 88.8 more rwhp and 118.9 rwtq over stock i think thats pretty awsome. the cam sounds great and works with the l99 being called a "phaser" cam becasue of the AFM and VVT. It is recomended to get a Torque Converter with an install like that becasue the bottom end power is real weak because basically the power band has been moved up a thousand so im getting that installed on Wed, 3600 stall. im going to keep it like this for a little bit then forge the internals etc etc. keep searching for other cams though because there are much more options for intake/outtake/lift out thier now with better pricing :thumbsup:
Heh, no kidding. I'd better be careful what route I take with the upgrades, lest I turn my car into a money pit (now you need this, now you need this, etc). Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah if we had the ls3 we wouldnt need a TConverter but we have the A6, which is still cool because i am really loving the tap shift but if your gonna put in a new cam i would highly suggest TConverter, right now its ruff on the idel in stop and go traffic. thats the only thing you would really need to get extra after a cam, obviously intake and exhaust is always a great option when putting in a bigger cam but thats about it, enjoy dude keep us informed;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts