Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vortec is looking for a few good 2010 Camaros:

Vortech Wants Your 2010 Camaro
Vortech is developing a new supercharger system for the 2010 V8 Camaro. You can be one of the first owners.

Here is how it works...
I don't know how many new Camaro owners will be willing to part with their cars for "a few weeks" though :)

I just sent an e-mail to Magnuson asking about the MP1900 and MP2300.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i have been emailing ProCharger also................they say they have one in the works! no ETA.

i would almost bet that Vortec will be the ONLY GM non-voiding warranty supercharger. it was in 97' and had to be GM Dealer istalled.

time will tell. i want it, but i don't wanna void my 100000 mile warranty!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I ran a VORTECH (you guys forgot the H lol) on my old 02 SS. It was a nice kit, but you had to cut into the SS hood which sucked. Also the head unit (g trim) was only good 550 hp, hopefully they use at least a T trim in their kit for the 5th gen. ATI's small P-1sc was making more power than Vortech's G trim. Their D-1sc unit was great and made power into the 6-700 range easy.

Then there's the age old debate of air to water aftercooling versus air to air intercooler.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i have been emailing ProCharger also................they say they have one in the works! no ETA.

i would almost bet that Vortec will be the ONLY GM non-voiding warranty supercharger. it was in 97' and had to be GM Dealer istalled.

time will tell. i want it, but i don't wanna void my 100000 mile warranty!
I seriously doubt GM will fulfill a warranty to the motor if you put a supercharger on it, they know better! Think about it, first t hing guys will do is install a smaller pulley for more boost. If they pop the motor do you think the dealer will replace the engine? That just wouldn't happen. Especially since the bottom end won't be forged.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I seriously doubt GM will fulfill a warranty to the motor if you put a supercharger on it, they know better! Think about it, first t hing guys will do is install a smaller pulley for more boost. If they pop the motor do you think the dealer will replace the engine? That just wouldn't happen. Especially since the bottom end won't be forged.
The only thing I'm concerned about it voiding is the 5 year, 100K powertrain warranty. My experience, however, is that there are some dealer service departments that will still honor the warranty in the case of most performance upgrades, particularly those with a knowledgeable service manager who enjoys working on his own performance vehicles and knows to what extent your improvements would contribute to any problems.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The only thing I'm concerned about it voiding is the 5 year, 100K powertrain warranty. My experience, however, is that there are some dealer service departments that will still honor the warranty in the case of most performance upgrades, particularly those with a knowledgeable service manager who enjoys working on his own performance vehicles and knows to what extent your improvements would contribute to any problems.
I can see them denying the powertrain warranty since you are putting an aftermarket power adder which the stock drivetrain wasn't designed for.

Take the supercharger off before bringing it to the dealer is a way around it. ;):lol:

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
I plan to you use a vortech on my vette:

But on my camaro i'm either roots:

or maybe a Kenne Bell screw type:

I like variety.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Empty promises. You could search on boards for how long KG touts a market. Us GTO guys waited for 2 years... they were always "60 days away" Maybe they will be better for the huge #'s of Camaro's...but they will still be one of the last to the market.
The people with G8 stuff will quick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone know if Whipple will make one? Runner-up to KB as far as twin-screw goes, in my book.

·
Registered
646 Posts
You will prob need a new hood. If they designed the Z with the supercharger that makes me think you won't have clearance issues around the cowl, hopefully no cutting will be involved.

As far as bolting on, that shouldn't be a major problem.

I'm a fan of screw s/c's with the power available down low, that's what you want for a street car.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a complete kit retail for $5500 easy, you'll prob need injectors, an inline fuel pump and a hood on top of that. Then you gotta get her tuned in.

One thing I know from experience, going fast ain't cheap.

Things that go next are, clutch, drivetrain, etc etc etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just talked to Jason at MTI Racing in Georgia. He said that Magnuson just completed development of the TVS 2300 system for the new 2010 Camaro and a limited number of these systems will be available in 30 days. Magnuson is setting aside 5 Camaro TVS kits for MTI out of the first batch and he's taking deposits now. The kit is $7100 and they're installing them for $2000.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Magnuson is setting aside 5 Camaro TVS kits for MTI out of the first batch and he's taking deposits now. The kit is $7100 and they're installing them for $2000.
:confused:
Holy crap on price.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts