Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Just wondering if there are still some out there still waiting on a pre-order like myself?

ouch...really? Still waiting?:confused:

might want to read this....I'd at least inquire about it w/ your dealer. It was posted on Camaro5 by "Hylton" who works in Oshawa...

"I'm going to cut to the chase for everyone here who has an R6P car and is still waiting - your dealership is not in good standing with GM. It's that simple - either they will be closing or they owe GM money.

There are 2 possible ways to resolve this -

Get your deposit back, walk away and go find an honest dealer or go in and have a good long honest talk with your dealer and try to get them to tell you the truth why your car is not getting built. They know and they know what they need to do to get it built.

GM has a very tried and true production scheduling process and so no car is forgotten about by GM. For example, the production scheduling keeps track of how old an order is. The older the order gets, the greater the priority the order receives in the production scheduling. The only thing stopping an order from continuing is a dealer hold or parts hold and since you have seen cars like yours built many times over already, the answer is obvious.

One other thing - GM is not allowed to tell you all of this and that's the only reason why they don't. I can though.....
"

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and ive even had my order transfered to a different dealer, today we just decided to put in another order and it was accepted and said possibly 6 weeks, wished i could of kept the R6P but it wasnt getting picked up. First order was Oct. 28th

·
Registered
117 Posts
and ive even had my order transfered to a different dealer, today we just decided to put in another order and it was accepted and said possibly 6 weeks, wished i could of kept the R6P but it wasnt getting picked up. First order was Oct. 28th
:hello: I don't know how many ordered early and have not received their car yet, but I heard that GM tried to get all preorders delivered by June 1. I figure if you're were still getting jerked around by your dealer, you obviously did the right thing by moving your order. :thumbsup:

Good Luck!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
:hello: I don't know how many ordered early and have not received their car yet, but I heard that GM tried to get all preorders delivered by June 1.
Well that certainly didn't happen. I didn't get mine until July 27...and there was no QC delay or anything like that.

·
Registered
395 Posts
yep, im still waiting, since February, it was suppose to be built last week and still no vin :(

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
yep, im still waiting, since February, it was suppose to be built last week and still no vin :(

:confused:OUCH...well it looks like you're close at least.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
orderd my1ss iom june 25 09 and still no word so cancelled order when i found another cancelled order w more optiones for a better deal. bring her home tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts