Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's quite heavy on the polytheism versus monotheism angle. It seems weird that an advanced society would worship multiple gods akin to ancient Roman society, but I'll give the writers kudos for being creative.

I don't want to give anything away, but the "creation" of the first Cylon was quite unsettling, especially if the story has sucked you in enough to be emotionally invested in who this "person" is.

What do you all think?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I was a big fan of the new (and original) Battlestar Galactica series...so YES, I enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing more.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Totally forgot about it.
I'm still pissed they changed the name to "SyFy".

Soooooo lame.
I'm sure it's re-run a lot this week. I don't know what's up with the name change...when I first saw that, I thought it was a different channel.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I don't really care for SciFi channel that much the movies are always pathetic and the only show I have seen on that channel was ghost hunters cus there was nothing else on

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I don't really care for SciFi channel that much the movies are always pathetic and the only show I have seen on that channel was ghost hunters cus there was nothing else on
It's not your typical SciFi Channel show. Doesn't look as low budget, and actually has actors that you've seen before.

It's a prequel/spinoff of Battlestar Galactica, which was great (if you like science fiction).

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I honestly liked it. And not much as a prequel but more as it's on a different level story/style wise and almost like a whole new show. I like it for the noir/40s film mix of the Taurons being akin to the Mafia. That shadowy deal stuff, 50s gang/Sinatra mixed with 2020 tech; the assassination thing got me all "GO GO GO!" It was so Mafia hit.

In the end, this is like a tangent to the reimagining. IMO, I can see this having it's ups and downs some times, but it has the potential to go to other places that the original redo couldn't. It's not all "run from cylons.. run from cylons s2.. run from cylons and kick ass S3... Find earf and earf II and fin." That's what trapped the original series to it's 4 season run.

I like the religious overtones which if you look into Cylon lore for the new series is explaining a HELL of a lot of stuff for me. I hope that Moore can do it for the casual watcher who then may look into BSG after the fact and go..

"OHHHHH so that's why the blew everything up!"

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I honestly liked it. And not much as a prequel but more as it's on a different level story/style wise and almost like a whole new show. I like it for the noir/40s film mix of the Taurons being akin to the Mafia. That shadowy deal stuff, 50s gang/Sinatra mixed with 2020 tech; the assassination thing got me all "GO GO GO!" It was so Mafia hit.

In the end, this is like a tangent to the reimagining. IMO, I can see this having it's ups and downs some times, but it has the potential to go to other places that the original redo couldn't. It's not all "run from cylons.. run from cylons s2.. run from cylons and kick ass S3... Find earf and earf II and fin." That's what trapped the original series to it's 4 season run.

I like the religious overtones which if you look into Cylon lore for the new series is explaining a HELL of a lot of stuff for me. I hope that Moore can do it for the casual watcher who then may look into BSG after the fact and go..

"OHHHHH so that's why the blew everything up!"
good take on it.:thumbsup:

it's certainly going to be nothing like the BSG series. Writing-wise, I hope they don't run out of gas quickly...there's a lot going on in the pilot, hopefully they can keep it interesting.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Aliens and galaxy stuff?
more like technology taking over the world stuff. kinda like Terminator without the timetravel and with a lot of factitious religion and mythology thrown in.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Do they show stuff like the TV show FireFly or the movie Serenity based off that series?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Do they show stuff like the TV show FireFly or the movie Serenity based off that series?
They did air Firefly at some point, I'm sure Serenity has been on as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts