Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're comparing the Camaro, Mustang and Challenger. And busting on the Camaro Big-time.
Called it the Barbie Chevy and Camaro Super Sassy (SS)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm talking about the American version with the three clowns on the History Channel.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No it was the US version. If Tanner would've just kept going instead of turning back on pit road, he'd have won that challenge.
I'm pretty sure that it was intentional judging by the dialogue.
They didn't WANT the Camaro to win.

I also think it was intentional that they chose the automatic tranny for the Camaro and manuals in the other two. Thinking that would give the Mustang and Challenger an edge.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It all appeared to be a little rigged. Especially the automatic in the camaro. But it was kick ass watching him drift the boss 302 around the corners.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Since when has Top Gear ever done a fair comparison? I remember when they compared the SS to a Mercedes AMG. I mean, really?

What they need to do is a road trip like the UK guys do from time to time. Remember the trip where they took a ZR-1, CTS-V and an SRT-8 to the salt flats? That's what needs to happen with a ZL-1, GT-500 and an SRT-8. That I would watch.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Dose that mean the camaro is out of touch for you since the BMW is on the way?
well: vice versa
because the chevy dealer could not even deliver the basics
-wintertires: no offer
-gps satnav (euro camaros do not have onstar): no offer
-extended warranty: no offer
and because chevy has still no fixes for all the problems of the convertible tops (they are still producing convertibles in oshawa with unsolved top-probs) and many owners in the states (located only a few miles from the canadian factory) had there cars wasting more time at the dealer shop because of the top-probs (rub-marks, wateringress, breaking 5th bows, headliners falling off, canvas of the roof detaching and so on) and the dealers often not capable of solving the probs (can you imagine a german chevy dealer, who has not seen a camaro convertible ever before: the camaro was supposed to be a daily driver!)
so: the answer to your question is:
the camaro L99 convertible is on hold until the produce a reliable convertible and offer a complete car here in germany (for instance: you have to have winter tires on your car when you are driving in wintery conditions! by law)
as soon as they can offer that, we will surely order it.
by end of april the bmw z4 35i twin turbo will arrive.
little more expensive 69k instead of 48k for the camaro, but loaded, including top satnav, alunimum retractable hardtop, leather, wood, high back bucket sport seats, extended warranty and all services and maintainances included
so they only things do to
washing and filling with fuel:D
btw: car&driver test in may 2009: 0-60mph: 4,8 sec;)
and new for the 2012 z4 35i: raise or lower the roof with speeds up to 25mph
but again
as soon as there is a complete and reliable offer we will order an L99vert:5go:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why are you wasting your time watching that garbage?

Sure Top Gear isn't fair..but at least the British version is entertaining.
I was just flipping channels and it was just coming on. First time I've ever watched more than a few minutes of it...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Why are you wasting your time watching that garbage?

Sure Top Gear isn't fair..but at least the British version is entertaining.
The most entertaining part of the American version of TG was when a dog took a whiz on the stage during filming.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I don't waste my time watching that drivel. Robot Chicken on the cartoon network makes more sense than those azz clowns.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts