1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MODERNCAMARO
APRIL MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

lesli66

Congratulations lesli66! You are the April Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com

I just want to say thanks to Vegasgirl for nominating me, and everyone for the votes, this is such a great forum with awesome people!

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...
Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

My dad was always into muscle cars, one of the first cars I can remember was a 66 or 67 Chevelle. From there he had 69-70 Chevelles, El Caminos, T-bird, olds convertible. My brother had a 70’s Camaro that I was always jealous of. When I was a senior in high school and looking for a car, my dad had a weak moment and almost considered letting me buy a 1980 Camaro. After he thought about it a little more, I ended up with a Subaru! In my 20’s, I had a ’67 Mustang that had a factory 390, it was a sweet ride, but I sold it a year after my oldest was born. Even after my dad put seatbelts in to accommodate the car seat, no one ever wanted to ride in the backseat!

Please share with us the story behind your 5th Gen Camaro?

I have loved the look of the 5th gen since the first Transformers movie came out, fell in love with Bumblebee, but they were a bit spendy when they first came out. I looked at one in 2010, and was really only interested in a 6 cylinder, for practical reasons – gas mileage, insurance costs, and purchase price. My now ex-husband said, “if we can’t get an 8 (cylinder), we aren’t getting one”. So after he was gone, I had settled on a Chevy Malibu which was good little car, cheap insurance and good gas mileage, still dreaming of someday getting a Camaro. Last July, I saw the commercials for Chevy’s 72 hour sale featuring the Camaro, and thought WTH, I might as well look into it. Contacted a dealer, and within 36 hours had a deal to drive to Salt Lake City to pick up my new Camaro, a red LS Manual. Obviously not the one I bought, drove the manual, didn’t like it, so went with the white LS automatic. Absolutely love my wicked beauty, love the gas mileage with the 6 cyl 23/33, same insurance rate and similar enough payment to make me wonder why I didn’t get one sooner!

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I was looking for information on Camaros and stumbled upon ModernCamaro.com. It’s such an awesome site with lots of good information. But the people are what makes it, everyone acts like adults and still has a great time! I feel a little overboard about my car sometimes, but I am so happy to know there are other Camaro crazed people out there ;)

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

People thought I was nuts when I bought my car (ok, family), but you wait all your life to do this or get that. My feeling was if not now, when? When is the right time to get my dream car? Live life to the fullest every day and do what makes YOU happy. I get some strange looks since I also deliver pizza in my Camaro part-time, but who cares? I get to drive a smoking hot car, and make money, nothing wrong with that!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Congrats lesli66...now get the boyfriend to join MC and show us HIS awesome Camaro

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Congrats! Great story behind it all! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Congratulations!!!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I'm feeling late to the party, but congrats ... glad you listened to yourself aren't you :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm feeling late to the party, but congrats ... glad you listened to yourself aren't you :D
Very glad, my car is one of the best decisions I have EVER made! Well, I am pretty good at making bad decisions, so not sure how much that really says! :lol:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
And I see you've updated your signature. Welcome to OUR club

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats!, you deserve it! There are not that many people that get cars like I do! Furthermore love cars like I love mine! So when she decided to chase me, and make me her boyfriend I was so happy ;)! I think Lesli and her car both Rock.

Hi Vegasgirl!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts