Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm ordering my 2lt camaro tomorrow and like many of you I'm fighting the color scheme battle. My mind seemed set in stone on inferno orange with cyber grey rally stripes. I was also thinking how sharp the aqua blue looks with the white stripes but I know I have to be very careful with that color as it's extremely "soft" toned. I don't want to drive past a smiling girl with the same color scheme as my car a year from now. Any input would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
NO...it's not girlie....and doesn't look "soft toned". It looks 100 times better in person than in any picture I've seen.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
So I'm ordering my 2lt camaro tomorrow and like many of you I'm fighting the color scheme battle. My mind seemed set in stone on inferno orange with cyber grey rally stripes. I was also thinking how sharp the aqua blue looks with the white stripes but I know I have to be very careful with that color as it's extremely "soft" toned. I don't want to drive past a smiling girl with the same color scheme as my car a year from now. Any input would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks
Ah, NO!

Don't be such a tool! :p

·
Registered
402 Posts
A color is a color! Unless you're gonna have it repainted "Barbie Pink" or something. I don't associate exterior colors with masculinity or sexuality. That being said, there isn't one color the Camaro comes in that doesn't look good. The ABM with the white rallys would be a nice combo. I'm leaning toward a Summit White with either IOM or CGM painted rally stripes. Good luck on your choice.

BTW, My neice bought a 2006 Mustang and had it repainted pink. Hmm! I guess she was daring to be different, and she was. lol!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have one and agree with the others above...it's darker and pictures don't do it justice. I don't consider it girlie in any way and don't care if others do. Make up your own mind.

·
Registered
332 Posts
its not girly...really its just what its called...aqua...i didnt care for it because there was just too much of it so to speak.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks a lot guys. I actually decided on the abm with white stripes. I think they should have called it classic blue or retro blue rather than aqua as it looks like the classic blue that camaros and vettes had back in the 60's.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Coming from a girl, it's very girly..too girly for even me lol...It's very pretty though. IOM with CGM is my combo...I've had someone call my combo "not a girl" combo. It's your choice, your car.

The Camaro at Disney...

Mine...

hope these help =)

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks a lot guys. I actually decided on the abm with white stripes. I think they should have called it classic blue or retro blue rather than aqua as it looks like the classic blue that camaros and vettes had back in the 60's.
Good choice. You won't be disappointed .....or girly based on the color of your car.

·
Registered
240 Posts
With the colors you can order I don't think you have to worry too much about the car being girlie overall. Sure some colors like ABM are a bit lighter but the color is on a 2010 Camaro.

As my mom put it, "Your Camaro is smiling but it is an evil smile." So I don't think any color will be too girlie.

Besides in the end it comes down to what you like, not what other people like! I've already had several people dismiss my Camaro because it is "only" a 2LT/RS and not a V8, do I care? Nope, I got what I wanted and I'm very happy after having it for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I think the real question is, "does it go with my purse?" If you have to ask that question, then maybe it's a girlie color.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I saw an ABM SS (only 5th gen I have seen up close) and that color is awesome in person. Pics dont do it justice.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Its def my least favorite color but I wouldn't say its girlie at all. You get what you like.

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts

Of COURSE not, Shirley! :lol::lol::lol:

(....omg :eek::eek::eek:- I'm sorry - could NOT resist!!! I need to go to sleep as I'm getting goofy...) (.....and then there are those that insist I've been goofy for years....):eek:

Seriously?

NOTHING about the new Camaro is 'girlie' in my humble opinion.

My friends Nancy and Chuck have ordered a 2SS/RS in ABM -- with Silver stripes and it is a SHOW STOPPER!

It may end up being one of the lowest running colors in the model year -- and that's unfortunate -- on the other hand, you won't see 10 other Camaros just like it anywhere else!

The REAL QUESTION IS THIS:

What do YOU think about the color? If you love it, order it! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Good luck and let us know what you think when you get behind the wheel and get to experience "Perma-grin"....

(......and I'm sorry for calling you Shirley... ) (shades of the movie "Airplane")

1 - 20 of 22 Posts