Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked online and saw that a dealer just outside of town has a 2009 HHR in "Aqua Blue Metallic". Well, I just had to drive out there yesterday to check the color out in person. I looked at it at every angle, tried to picture the Camaro in that color, and came away disappointed. This color just doesn't "pop" like it should. Granted, the sun was somewhat hazy, but I'm sorry, this color sucks IMO. Too drab and geenish looking. Just across from the HHR was a 2009 Pontiac G8 in "Stryker Blue Metallic". NOW THAT IS SWEET! How about offering that or "Jetsream Blue" GM? I'm begging!!!:BangHead: I really don't know what color to get. Maybe Victory Red like my 2008 Sierra...I just don't know. If anyone else has seen ABM in person, I want to know what you thought of it. I know Jinx isn't gonna like it!;)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that the same blue on the G8s? I seen one of the blue G8s and it was hot.
The blue on G8's is "Stryker Blue Metallic"....waaaay different than "Aqua Blue Metallic". The "Stryker" blue is really neat....needs to be on the Camaro!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trust me, it really doesn't look to good in person. At least, I didn't like it anyway.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
IMO, it's too aqua and not enough blue.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Camaros have to share to the color palette with the other line at the factory.

That does hold back the color possibilities. I was hoping for at least some modern interpretations of the 67-69 colors. That would be a home-run...IMO

I'm going to wait to see the colors on the cars in person before making the final color choice.

·
Registered
157 Posts
well, its kinda like the "rumors" they said they were doing the with challenger getting like plum, sublime, n sh_t. however i heard nothing on that latly.

frankly the aqua blue doesnt look good on anything but a late model geo tracker..like real late model.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Ive seen the aqua in person. Its not what I had in mind. It has too much green in most lighting.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Camaros have to share to the color palette with the other line at the factory.
So then why not the Orange that is offered on most other GM cars, and instead we get this new one? What other cars are offered from the Oshawa plant? I know you can't answer that, my questions are more rhetoric than anything.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
So then why not the Orange that is offered on most other GM cars, and instead we get this new one? What other cars are offered from the Oshawa plant? I know you can't answer that, my questions are more rhetoric than anything.
Before they announced the official color palette I was dying for an Atomic Orange SS.:mad:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive seen the aqua in person. Its not what I had in mind. It has too much green in most lighting.
Just like I said, too drab and greenish....I knew you wouldn't like it. (it sucks)Frankly, I think GM needs to give us a real bright blue metallic. Still begging, GM.:BangHead:

·
Registered
58 Posts
To be honest with you, I like my 02 Z28's NBM color but I like Silver Ice Metallic even better.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts