Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally seen this color in person and LOVE it. I got to GMs website and I'm trying to configure one, and there's no ABM in the color choices. WTH happened? Is this color no longer available?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Yea they stopped making that color, had the least amount of sales. Its a shame too because it is a great color, pictures dont do it justice at all

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
yeah...it's done. Supposedly they are going to be adding another blue at some point, but probably just a rumor as of now.

I agree...ABM is a great looking color.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you don't already have an ABM on order, you probably won't get one. Might search spasticsquirrel.com for a local dealer with one on the lot.

Yes, they are awsome in the direct sunlight. The metalic blue just pops. But not so much at dusk. It becomes kind of a teal color.

I made the mistake in 2003 not buying a blue G35 before they stopped that color. I didn't make the same mistake with the new Camaro. Bought it sight unseen and love it.

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Your dealer can run a locate and perhaps find one for you.

Even with a final 'run' on sold orders for ABM - -it ended up at the bottom of the list - which is unfortunate....I love it with Silver Stripes.........

·
Registered
589 Posts
I saw one when the camaro's first came out. An SS with white stripes and a hot chic driving. The car looked amazing in the sunlight. Has to have the white stripes tho in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Your dealer can run a locate and perhaps find one for you.

Even with a final 'run' on sold orders for ABM - -it ended up at the bottom of the list - which is unfortunate....I love it with Silver Stripes.........
:agree:

or you might ask Scotty or Eric, I thought I saw one of them post that they had one comming a week or so ago.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Wow, that's a mistake on GM's part, that color was AWESOME!!!!
Not sure you can argue with the decision...they just weren't selling. Probably their biggest mistake was not having better pictures on the website representing the color. Also the fact that it wasn't available on the SS's in the beginning of the pre-order stage probably didn't help. Some people still think the blues aren't available on the SS models. :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Probably their biggest mistake was not having better pictures on the website representing the color. Also the fact that it wasn't available on the SS's in the beginning of the pre-order stage probably didn't help. Some people still think the blues aren't available on the SS models. :rolleyes: :confused:
100% agree, had to wait until 1/10/09 for them to confirm that I could even order my IBM. Although I was going to get the IBM regardless, if I had seen a ABM in person or if GM had taken the time to take some quality photos the choice would have been alot harder. The ABM looks 5000% better in person.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I have this coming in -

AQUA BLUE MANUAL 2LT!

Model Year: 2010
Division: CHEVROLET
Order Type: TRE - Retail Stock
Model: Camaro: 2LT Coupe
TPW: 12/07/2009

Current Event: 3000 - Accepted by Production Control
Supplier w/DFC†: $27,289.97

Vehicle Specifications

PEG: 2LT - 2LT
Trim: AFF - Black Leather
Primary Color: GBD - Aqua Blue Metallic
Engine: LLT - 3.6L V6 Engine
Transmission: MN6 - Manual 6 Speed Transmission

Ordered Options:

B34: Carpeted floor mats, front
DCP: Directions and Connections OnStar Service
FE9: Federal Emissions
N65: Compact Spare Tire and Wheel
UQA: Boston Acoustic Premium Audio System

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
seeing it person is the key for some reason the first pictures didnt look good at all on the pc screen but seeing this color in person its awesome. my car was going to be black no matter what but I would like an aqua car too hell id like one in every color

·
Registered
129 Posts
i knew i wanted this color when they first announced it.

since i was 16 ive wanted a blue camaro with white racing stripes... well, now im gonna have to get a white camaro and have it repainted ABM but taping off the stripes.

thats right, when i can finally order my camaro, i will have it immediately repainted.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Well, I guess I will be the black sheep on this one.. I was going to order that car but when i saw the blue in real life it was to teal colored for me.. Now if they do replace the color with a gulf stream blue like on the vettes then I personally think they will have a winner.. Especially since I know ten guys off the top that I know that feel the same way as i do.. But, again I guess im the black sheep on this one so far.. :) And just so no one starts going nuts on me.. I love the color in pics but just too teal in real life. But, if you want it I bet you can find it somewhere..

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have this coming in -

AQUA BLUE MANUAL 2LT!

Model Year: 2010
Division: CHEVROLET
Order Type: TRE - Retail Stock
Model: Camaro: 2LT Coupe
TPW: 12/07/2009

Current Event: 3000 - Accepted by Production Control
Supplier w/DFC†: $27,289.97

Vehicle Specifications

PEG: 2LT - 2LT
Trim: AFF - Black Leather
Primary Color: GBD - Aqua Blue Metallic
Engine: LLT - 3.6L V6 Engine
Transmission: MN6 - Manual 6 Speed Transmission

Ordered Options:

B34: Carpeted floor mats, front
DCP: Directions and Connections OnStar Service
FE9: Federal Emissions
N65: Compact Spare Tire and Wheel
UQA: Boston Acoustic Premium Audio System
Sorry Scotty. I want a 2SS 6Sp. :) No stripes, or silver stripes.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
i knew i wanted this color when they first announced it.

since i was 16 ive wanted a blue camaro with white racing stripes... well, now im gonna have to get a white camaro and have it repainted ABM but taping off the stripes.

thats right, when i can finally order my camaro, i will have it immediately repainted.
I took mine around the block for a spin fresh off the truck & then handed the dealership the key and did not drive it for a week. IMO it's the best way to do it, once you drive it for a few miles you will not want to give it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2SS six speed showed up yesterday and I picked it up today. Simply awesome! Thanks to this forum, I heard GM was dropping ABM, so I orderd one right away.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts