Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a post somewhere else stating this was the last week to order Aqua Blue?

Anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I got an email today to confirm ABM going away from SS-Eric...he should know. I have no reason not to trust what he says.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I could be wrong but if any of the colors are dropped then it will be at the end of the first year of production.
The color at the bottom of the color pallet that is liked the least amount will be dropped and a NEW color will be added just to keep things fresh and something NEW at all times for the car and the public.

I would think just off the top of my head white would be the least liked which imo it isnt bad.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
To make sure everyone's on the same page, based on Eric's email, the ABILITY to order ABM will be gone by the end of the week. Not the end of production run. I'm sure the color will hang around until the last ABM car that was ordered by this week is built, and if that's the end of the production run, so be it. But that's going to be it when the last one's built.

Unless GM changes their mind.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I would suggest calling your dealer tomorrow to make sure when the latest day you can order if you want ABM.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
According to Fbodfather, less than 2.5%, equating to somewhere around 1200 or less at the moment using fuzzy math.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I never doubt anything I hear from you. Although to be fair, I just inferred that. Not like you were telling me anything. Interesting though, we haven't seen anything "official" at a customer standpoint from GM that ABM is leaving. The build your own website still shows it as an available color without mention of it ending. Were they just going to sneak this off the table with little fanfare?

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
I know you never doubted me ;). No, there usually is not any notice on changes like this. Remember that the new color (which hasn't been named officially either) will be out early next year, so they have to stop taking orders early enough to get them built before the Christmas break.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ok,

So let me get this straight. First, the SS was not available in ANY blue. Then around November 5th, 2008, GM/Chevy announce that blue is available on the SS. Less than a year into production, one of the blues is soon to be gone.

If I have my facts correct, this sucks. I waited until my local dealer had ABM so I could see it in person, as the ABM on the HHR is significantly different. I searched dealers in a 50 mile radius for weeks for any camaro in ABM. Finally, one shows up at my dealership, pre-ordered and spoken for. I was able to get a good look at the car prior to delievery, and quite frankly, at that moment my decision was easy. Not in a position to make an order (see I really do not like my ex-wife for dragging the proceedings out for 4 years), now I find my choice is gone.

What the hell is the thought process here. Why even offer the color for 8 months? My only hope is my "guy" can make some magic happen. :angry:, VERY :angry:

:rantsw:

·
Registered
129 Posts
that freaking sucks!!!!

All i wanted is a ABM Camaro with white stripes, but I can not afford it until I get a real job again

1 - 20 of 86 Posts