Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing about Camaro Scotty in Wisconsin being anti-markup (THANKS!), but who's going to step up to the plate in California, or anywhere else for that matter? Are there any other dealers that want to chime in?

I can say right now the dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area that I know about are very pro-markup. People out here don't seem to balk at getting ripped off.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Don't disregard Camaro Scotty because he's in Wisconsin. There are a few options that he can discuss with you about acquiring your 5th Gen.;)

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
We'll work with you to ship via carrier, or find a CA dealer to drop ship the car to right from the factory. Dropships mean we order it, and specify another dealer for delivery. the car would be paid for in advance prior to delivery, and may have some fee's if the CA dealer charges for than $200 for a predelivery inspection - which is about the norm between dealers.

Either way, we'll work with you when it's time...

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We'll work with you to ship via carrier, or find a CA dealer to drop ship the car to right from the factory. Dropships mean we order it, and specify another dealer for delivery. the car would be paid for in advance prior to delivery, and may have some fee's if the CA dealer charges for than $200 for a predelivery inspection - which is about the norm between dealers.

Good to know! I'll be looking you up when the time comes if I encounter any difficulties out here. Thanks. You've got a virtual line forming already ;)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I can say right now the dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area that I know about are very pro-markup. People out here don't seem to balk at getting ripped off.
Thats because you live in the 2nd most expensive city to live in in the US. People are used to paying too much.

·
Registered
39 Posts

If that is the case, you will be getting my order as well. I have received some very strange looks from my local dealers when I have said I'm not paying over MSRP. These dealers charging redickleous markups are not doing their brands any good.

You are a true patriot sir! :patriot:

·
Registered
44 Posts

Scotty....I think I love you....in a manly sorta get me a cool car for MSRP way...LOL

I hope there are lots of dealers visiting this site and see this thread. You try and screw us and you will be paying tax on those cars next year because you can't move them because you are greedy bastiches!!!!!

I might have a line on a local dealer......friend of mine got his Z06 for MSRP locally. He gave me the info on his sales guy. When it's time, I'll drop his name and call him on it.

Heretic

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
What happened to that list of friendly dealers Octane was thinking of making a few months back?

I wouldn't mind dealing with Scotty, but if I can get a deal in my own state then I'd rather do that personally. Nothing personal Scotty!

Maybe some dealer will allow us Californians to do a group buy ;) to get our Camaro's cheap! :rotflmao: :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
What happened to that list of friendly dealers Octane was thinking of making a few months back?

I wouldn't mind dealing with Scotty, but if I can get a deal in my own state then I'd rather do that personally. Nothing personal Scotty!

Maybe some dealer will allow us Californians to do a group buy ;) to get our Camaro's cheap! :rotflmao: :lol:
If you find one my fellow Californian let me know and I might join in, I have tried talking to one up here in the Bay Area but have'nt had any luck.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts

That's why you order it OUT OF STATE and have it delivered to your local dealer. They do nothing but the PreDeliveryInspection, and hand you the keys - you already paid for the car before it arrived - done deal. I'm sure there's SOMEONE besides us that would be willing to do this. I just don't see us having a boatload of allocation. But if you're flexible with your ordering timeline - we will be too! Guess we'll know more in December - :patriot:

·
8,984 Posts
Subscribe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Subscribing from Nevada!! :)
Will be giving Scotty a call if no dealer in Las Vegas will be reasonable.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I had to add some text - I meant I don't see us having a boatload of allocation....This is when I compare it to the feedback I've got so far.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Thanks for the info Scotty! Really, if it comes down to it ordering from you is not out of the question.

I need pricing info from GM already though!

·
Registered
178 Posts
A friend of mine in the S.F. Bay area has a Chevrolet dealership, I hear his frustration on how little the profit margins on cars are these days. In some cases only a few hundred dollars per vehicle. When times are tough like now and a hot new car like the Camaro hits the floor of course they are going to mark it up. I'm not saying it is fair, but I understand their situation. However as a consumer I personally cannot afford an extra mark up over the MSRP.

My husband and I were at a car show in Washington state and there was a new Challenger there. The window sticker was 43k and after dealer mark up was $65k! That is insane! Would you purchase a home for $22k over the appraised value? How much does that additional mark up add to your monthly payment? If you plan to pay additional dealer mark up, PLEASE purchase the "Gap Insurance", you're going to need it if that new Camaro ever gets totalled in an accident.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
A friend of mine in the S.F. Bay area has a Chevrolet dealership, I hear his frustration on how little the profit margins on cars are these days. In some cases only a few hundred dollars per vehicle. When times are tough like now and a hot new car like the Camaro hits the floor of course they are going to mark it up. I'm not saying it is fair, but I understand their situation. However as a consumer I personally cannot afford an extra mark up over the MSRP.

My husband and I were at a car show in Washington state and there was a new Challenger there. The window sticker was 43k and after dealer mark up was $65k! That is insane! Would you purchase a home for $22k over the appraised value? How much does that additional mark up add to your monthly payment? If you plan to pay additional dealer mark up, PLEASE purchase the "Gap Insurance", you're going to need it if that new Camaro ever gets totalled in an accident.
Good point! Here's another.

I had a guy who dropped $20K over sticker on a mustang in 2007. Last year he wanted to trade it on a vette. Difference between payoff (almost all the amount financed) vs trade in - $25,000

He decided to keep the mustang for a few more years until it was paid down. Dealer mark up is cash out the window - it's NEVER recovered!! :BangHead:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts