Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my car on the 7th of July and knew I wanted it to sound meaner so I took my permagrin up to Vengeance Racing in Cumming, GA.

I told Mike and Ron what sound I was looking for (a low toned rumble like a '69 Camaro with an agressive edge like a Vette). We ordered American Racing Longtubes with an X pipe and Magnaflow 2.5 Street series exhaust. I got exactly what I asked for; now instead of people turning to look at the car when I pass, they turn around before I get there because they hear me coming.
Charlie did a great job with a kit that had never been put together before as the headers with the X weren't quite long enough to meet the exhaust. His welding was spot on, clean and there are no vibrations or undesired noises. All I hear is the rumble and roar of 406hp.

The audio recorded much higher pitched than the car actually sounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrGqns9IFgk
The rumble at idle is much like that of a vette and when I stomp on it, the sound and resonation is smooth, not tinny, not raspy and nothing resembling a ricer.
The throttle response after the tune was a dramatic change. Before the tune, the car felt as if it paid attention to my foot on a 2 second delay and it wasn't a smooth acceleration. Mike's tune facilitated an amazingly fast response and incredibly smooth transition through the ranks of RPMs. The car just wants to play!

I've been driving for a few days now, waiting for the exhaust to open up and break in a bit and every day I love the car more, which I never thought would be possible.

Thank you Mike, Ron and Charlie for delivering exactly what I wanted and allowing me to fall further in love with my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds great, and you got a lot of power out of her as well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
How much was that set up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts