1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Those leather seats look mighty comfy. The car of the future is now!

:clap:

Edit: I just noticed that picture in the corner shows rear window louvers. Car of the future indeed, maybe the 2080s.

·
Registered
346 Posts
They actually still make these "new" http://www.delorean.com/

I saw it on some show i forget what, if i remember correctly you can buy one just like the orginals which are made from some new parts and mostly from orginal parts that never got used. So while the pieces aren't exactly newly made they've never been together before..kinda interesting.

Or you can order an updated verison with a bigger engine and updated radio etc etc.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They actually still make these "new" http://www.delorean.com/

I saw it on some show i forget what, if i remember correctly you can buy one just like the orginals which are made from some new parts and mostly from orginal parts that never got used. So while the pieces aren't exactly newly made they've never been together before..kinda interesting.

Or you can order an updated verison with a bigger engine and updated radio etc etc.
They rebuild old ones, have been doing it for years. Those guys are the ones selling these brochures..which are originals. ;)
And it's not a bigger engine..it's just an updated original.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I ordered one already.... That is my dream car

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Just so ya know..apparently the car in the brochure is a one-off prototype built in Detroit that differs slightly from the actual production car.

Kinda like having a 2010 Camaro brochure that features the pre-production car, I guess. :p
I mean an original Delorean is my dream car.... I just ordered cus I think it's interesting

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Its a great car.

·
Registered
346 Posts
They don't rebuild old ones, they make new ones from the old unused factory parts and some new parts... they are like new-old.

Not peoples fixing peoples broken down ones.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
They rebuild old ones.
They take a donor car and strip it down and rebuild it. This is from company owner's mouth.
Yes, Luwinkle is correct.

They may take NOS parts and put them on the refurbished cars, but they do not build new Delorean's. One purchases a "restored" 81/82, not a new 2010.

EDIT: I did some more digging around, and it appears there is another company that is DMC of FL, or something of the sort, that makes new fiberglass frames and uses about 80% NOS to make a "new" car. It is not the same DMC company that owns the rights and such that is based in TX.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, Luwinkle is correct.

They may take NOS parts and put them on the refurbished cars, but they do not build new Delorean's. One purchases a "restored" 81/82, not a new 2010.

EDIT: I did some more digging around, and it appears there is another company that is DMC of FL, or something of the sort, that makes new fiberglass frames and uses about 80% NOS to make a "new" car. It is not the same DMC company that owns the rights and such that is based in TX.
Is the Florida one in Bonita Springs? If so then it's a DMC (the current one) service center.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah, take a look here:

http://www.delorean.com/index-5.html

New Build Cars]

Actually explains the "new" process. I'm so confused :lol:
Haha yeah.
But the video of Jay Leno reviewing the DeLorean (which is like what..a couple of months old?) the owner of DMC explained the "new build" process..where they take a donor car(an old beat up one that they buy from the owner) and strip out all the bad stuff and replace it with never-used, repro, or upgraded stuff. The car Jay drove in that video was a 'new build'.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts