Modern Camaro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my car doesn't show up in one week, I am getting the local media involved in finding out why it isn't here. Actually, I should say proving to everyone ALL THE UNDERLYING REASONS why it isn't here. I may be "one little guy" but I'm armed with a lot of information. Want to see how much media sympathy I get from still not having a car that was built 50 days ago? Wait until they dig into all your little secrets of why these cars are delayed. I hope your image can handle the ****storm of bad press against your newest release that I would bring. Oh, yes, you better bet that the fact that hundreds, if not thousands, of pre-orders that are being screwed over will come to light too. Maybe you don't see it that way but I'm quite sure the general public will and that's what really counts. Sorry, I already tried any and every "nice guy" route I possibly could and there is no excuse that tomorrow is 3 weeks since my car got to Pontiac, MI from Oshawa and it still isn't on it's way here. I can PROVE some cars are being turned around there in 2 days. I don't want to hear the latest excuse as to why that is either.

Don't believe me? Try me. :popcorn:

Local affiliates:

NBC:
http://www.wgrz.com/company/contact/accountable/default.aspx

CBS:
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/consumer_links/call_4_action_email_submission

ABC:
http://www.wkbw.com/about/contact

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
What can I say?

a whole bunch of people are waiting also. I know you should have yours by now, but what can be done? GM has added another shift, they are working as fast as they can.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
It's what you get for being first....

Just kidding. I don't blame you. Yours was built on day 1. Why can't they tell you something? Like your money isn't as good as other people's? You are at LEAST owed an accurate, no BS explanation.

Edit: But then, why are you telling us? Tell GM! Then call one of those "consumer help" ordeals on the TV News...I'll bet they'll be happy to dig into it for you. Don't get me wrong, I love GM, but 50 days after build and still no car OR explanation?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
baby steps. he's fragile right now.
I was fragile last month; I'm rather numb now. Is asking for an ACTUAL status on a car that was built 51 days ago really too much to ask? REALLY?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's what you get for being first....

Just kidding. I don't blame you. Yours was built on day 1. Why can't they tell you something? Like your money isn't as good as other people's? You are at LEAST owed an accurate, no BS explanation.

Edit: But then, why are you telling us? Tell GM! Then call one of those "consumer help" ordeals on the TV News...I'll bet they'll be happy to dig into it for you. Don't get me wrong, I love GM, but 50 days after build and still no car OR explanation?
That's EXACTLY why this thread is here; GM execs frequent these boards. If someone can give me a more direct way of contacting them, I'm all ears.

As far as the TV news consumer help stuff- the links in the first post are EXACTLY what those are.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I feel ya bro, I too am tired of waiting....

Vin # 227, it left Pontiac, MI a little over a week ago it made it all the way south to Louisville, KY via railcar then headed back up north towards Chicago and has been going around in circles...

now that all this has been going on, my dealer is watching all these other dealerships markup the cars and had decided to try and jack me up as well. Now instead of me getting my Exxon employee pricing, they are wanting MSRP after already telling me they would honor the discount...

stuff is crazy....

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey what kind of stuff are they doing to our camaro anyways?
SUPPOSEDLY, the cars went to Pontiac for a simple BCM reflash (body control module reprogram). Then it was confirmed that a bunch of early cars had interior door panel issues and those panels had to be replaced- before they went to Pontiac. Then we find out that the first 2000 or so cars are having their power steering pumps replaced. There's RUMORS of more stuff but I'm not confident enough in the sources to release that info. I will/would have the media look into those allegations.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
SUPPOSEDLY, the cars went to Pontiac for a simple BCM reflash (body control module reprogram). Then it was confirmed that a bunch of early cars had interior door panel issues and those panels had to be replaced- before they went to Pontiac. Then we find out that the first 2000 or so cars are having their power steering pumps replaced. There's RUMORS of more stuff but I'm not confident enough in the sources to release that info. I will/would have the media look into those allegations.
I fail to understand why - if a brand-new off-the-assembly-line car has sooooo many problems / issues that can not be resolved in a "fix it" location (Pontiac, MI) within 2-3 weeks, they don't simply RE-PRODUCE your VIN in the Factory and get that one to you. Take the original one, break it down for parts and send the good stuff back into the "input hopper". :confused: Or, send your "lemon" to Avis after it is finally fixed (however many months from now)...they ordered a fleet of cars which will be beat by renters for gosh sakes...

Geez...you would think a GM letter to all the early pre-order customers with built-but-held cars EXPLAINING the situation personally would go A LONG WAY towards positive customer relations. I am at 30+ days past build with no end in sight to how much longer I have to wait to receive my 2010 Camaro.

P.S. You might want to contact CNBC's Auto Industry Contact as well...they are on the tube 7/24...

·
Registered
3 Posts
cool, thx for the info,i think thats all we want is GM:thumbsdown: to tell us what and when! wHAT A JOKE, Dont know how much longer i can wait...

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
They couldn't even get all the dealers their Camaros for the launch, so SOMETHING is up...just don't know what it is...yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went to the Camaro party last night at my local dealer. In talking with the salesman there who says he has relatives in GM plants building the Camaro's. he said there has been some delay on pre orders with a small problem with battery cables and he said some of the camaro noses are starting to get stress fractures near the head lights. he said theres been some debate to ship as is and recall them later since they have to rework the nose. He couldnt show me any paperwork on either issue but said recalls were comming and people may have to wait a little longer or face having these issues and being upset. Who knows that could have nothing to do with it. Maybe they are just holding your car ransom till you come up with a brief case full of money :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hurry up and wait.......... All a part of trying to be the first one. Just be patient. I am sure you are not the only ones they are trying to answer questions for.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
First year problems, I'm not shocked or anything. You'll have your Camaro in time and better than ever. You'll be glad you waited.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Why would you still want the car? If it is undeliverable after that length of time I would cancel out of concern for it's quality. I canceled my order because of other things coming up but that was all I needed to push me over the edge. Had GM done better I would have had my car and not been so incline to have canceled.

When I ordered in Nov. they were going to start production by Feb. and they missed that by a month and then they decided to push paying customers back so they could build dealer cars, another month lost. I pre ordered for a reason but GM just used us. Time has proved they still were not ready to go to production.

Also consider what will happen if they go bankrupt. If Obama shuts them down like Chrysler and leaves all those Camaros setting while they figure things out you could be in for a very long wait.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.