1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=6528&categoryId=21

AUTO SPIES WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Hot news on the Camaro concept

2/2/2006

Sources tell the Spies that big news could be coming out of GM very soon about the impending confirmation of the Camaro becoming a reality.

So what's new about that?

Not much, but that's not the scoop.

The Spies have learned when they do announce it will be built, they will also mention the return of the Firebird and Trans AM will not be far behind the Camaro.

And why not we say?

Pontiac dealers are desperate for hot product so this makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FWIW I doubt the accuracy on the Firebird part...I still just don't see it, but I've been wrong before.

I think we'll have the "official" Camaro word in weeks at this point. The momentum this car has is huge right now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
NviouSS said:
i'd still like to see the t/a make a return.

As much as it could be a good thing, I'm not feeling a Firebird return. Doesn't fit w/ the need for Pontiac to step above what it is now. Trying to make the Pontiac a higher level vehicle... Don't know that the car fits that catagory. Don't get me wrong, I love the cars... wish I had one. But...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Like I've said before, I'd like to see it but I'm not counting on it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea, i dont think the firebird will come back, but a possiblity on the t/a....if the interest is there.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
I could see a T/A return

but the way Pontiac is going it sounds more to me like Firebird is not a word they want..but using Trans Am..well that might..or just T/A with the little nod to the past with just the firechicken on the car??

·
Registered
53 Posts
2 words...stall converter. :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
And weight reduction

·
Registered
503 Posts
What kind of meats?