Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I test drove a camaro yesterday, Wow that car is awesome, and was concerned about the visibility. I have read the other post about it but they all talk about changing lanes so before getting flamed.....my concern is when backing up from a parking spot. I'm not sure what technique i should use if I cant see if a car is coming while I'm backing up.

I have not owned a coupe and been driving a trailblazer so any input will be appreciated.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
it takes some getting used to...you just have to be careful. After a few weeks of driving I felt 100% comfortable w/ the car's visibility and blind spots. My daily driver is also a trailblazer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How big of a difference would it be from a 94 Camaro to the 2010 Camaro for visbility. I have never owned anything but a Camaro, so I am very use to driving it and knowing its limits of visability, so is it any different in the new one from the older models??

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Some of my other cars have bad rear visibility. I check the best I can, signal my intent to pull out and hope for the best. I just keep my head on a swivel to catch a glimpse of approaching traffic.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Why not just "back in" (whenever you can), until you are comfortable.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
When I had my camaro, I would drive around till I found a spot I could pull into and onto the other side, so I could easily pull out.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
One other thing that can help (I use them on all my cars) is a small round convex mirror on the lower right edge of the driver's side mirror. It definitely helps you see the whole side and to your right behind you where the view is blocked otherwise. :cool:

You can usually pick them up just about anywhere for about $5.

·
Banned
104 Posts
Hi

Some of my other cars have bad rear visibility. I check the best I can, signal my intent to pull out and hope for the best. I just keep my head on a swivel to catch a glimpse of approaching traffic.
I think most rear visibility of cars are bad, you must use the rearview mirror to help you back up. Do you think so ?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for the replies.

I figure when I have to go to walmart or places where backing up will be a problem I will take the trailblazer. I do remember the car salesman head was blocking my visibility to the small rear window so maybe I would have felt more comfortable if his head was not on the way. I just wish the pillar was smaller and the window bigger. But then again that motor and feeling of driving the camaro is awesome.

Luisn17

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Hi,

I test drove a camaro yesterday, Wow that car is awesome, and was concerned about the visibility. I have read the other post about it but they all talk about changing lanes so before getting flamed.....my concern is when backing up from a parking spot. I'm not sure what technique i should use if I cant see if a car is coming while I'm backing up.

I have not owned a coupe and been driving a trailblazer so any input will be appreciated.
You get used to it. I think the visibility is near that of a Corvette, you adjust in no time :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts