Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The backup camera rule, estimated by the Obama-Biden administration to cost as much as $2.7 billion, is now part of the national debate about federal regulations, public safety and jobs.

More...

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Hey! I know! How about mandatory curb feelers too!

...or at least one large sodium azide bomb in the dash? Wait.. sorry.. we have that last one.. They call it an air bag... after Ralph Nader.

·
3,081 Posts
Hey! I know! How about mandatory curb feelers too!

...or at least one large sodium azide bomb in the dash? Wait.. sorry.. we have that last one.. They call it an air bag... after Ralph Nader.
oh my god!! LMAO :lol::lol:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was talking with one of my cousins today about back-up cameras. He said that he sometimes looks in the camera, but he usually just turns his head and looks out the back.

Making all cars have back up cameras is just dumb. Most manufacturers already have back-up sensors, yet I still see cars all the time with back-up sensors that have obviously backed into a pole or bollard. Did the sensors not detect the obstruction? Often, these people have just ignored the beeps. They say "I didn't think I was that close."

You can't save people from themselves all the time. It's a noble idea, but what if the lady's 19 month old had tripped and fallen under the wheel from the side, and was never behind the car? What then?

I'm sad that these things happen, but mandatory back up cameras is not the answer.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I'd like one that would allow you to take shots of the car tailgating you, for ins purposes.
Mandatort? No way. Any time .gov gets involved, they mess things up.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts