Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya on that, the ones currently on mine are not the original, when I had it painted the letters & GM had to come off, I sat there staring at the car for a good 10 min before telling them to put them back on, then I turned around and ordered the shield decal. There is only 1 time when I regret that choice, and that is every time I wax. :eek:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sheild took me a good 15 min of going around the car and holding it up (I even scotch taped it up a few times), standing back, moving, etc. "Too Much" is something I worried about, with all the paint that I put on it I decided that day this would be the last badge I put on, and there is only 2 more areas I will add paint to (condsidering joining the hockey stripes now that I have the led sidemarkers & painting the HP on the hood). I just seem to see alot of badges when admiring other Camaros down here.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
yea, i'm thinking about removing the GM chicklets and leaving the CAMARO on there.

i removed the SS from the front when i installed the heritage grille, and it looks perfect with just the bowtie.

i like the rear how it is with the bowtie and SS on the side. i won't add or delete anything back there.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
yea, i'm thinking about removing the GM chicklets and leaving the CAMARO on there.

i removed the SS from the front when i installed the heritage grille, and it looks perfect with just the bowtie.

i like the rear how it is with the bowtie and SS on the side. i won't add or delete anything back there.
I've wondered if there are chips in the "chiclets" that aliens use to track my movements, or maybe it's just the NSA... someone's following me right now. gotta go!

:lol:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was pretty determined to remove those, but for some reason when they announced that there would no longer be the square and the "GM Performance" badge in the engine bay I changed my mind. Not that I think keeping them on will increase the value one tiny bit, but it dose kinda distinguish the pre-order cars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
x2 all the way.

There is a Camaro V6 around here with SS emblems under the CAMARO on both fenders :BangHead:
People have been doing that to all generation of camaros

Look at how many 60's "Z28s" are out there now.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Misbadging cars is too rice for me. I see it on little, loud, annoying imports all too often.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wasn't even considering badges like those for purposes of gathering a concensus. Even if I put a SC, upgraded suspension and all kinds of other goodies I would never put a Z28 badge on, quite simply because it dose not exist (yet), same thing would go if I had bought a 2LT or lower model, I would never SS badge it. I brought this up because I have seen such a variety of badges in that location, centered about an inch below the camaro letters. I did see a camaro in Scottsdale on Saturday that had an RS placed just to the left of the SS on the rear end, it looked croweded to me, like just too long or something. The guy said he just thought it should be that way because his SS had the RS package, made sense, but the red interior on the SS badge is enough for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have added the ss badges on both sides below the camaro emblem and have gotten a lot of compliments. Next is the black stripes, painted!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts