Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WILL the new camaro have baer brakes? I think I read that some were but dont hold me to it. I could just be wishfill thinking agane. Tell me if anyone els has herd the same thing.:confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I haven't heard anything about the brand of brakes.

·
Registered
742 Posts
is there a big need for 4 pistong calipers???? i put f body brakes on my grand prix and i think they work great.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'll go out on a limb here and say the car will wear PBR calipers....PBR being an Australian company and the supplier of basically all GM braking designs since I can remember.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
I like being able to stop without going Fred Flintstone and shoving my feet through the floorboard. Which is why my next vehicle WILL have 4 wheel disc brakes. Drum brakes ftl. :p
99% of Camaro drivers will have no need for anything more that discs up front and drums in the rear :D

That said I haven't the slightest idea what the Camaro will have, more than likely discs on all four shoes.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Anything above basic-car anymore has 4 wheel discs. Even the current cheapy malibu has 4 wheel discs. :p
Because it is cheaper to build them that way.
GM went back to rear wheel drum brakes on the Silverado/Sierra as the standard configuration a few years ago :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
99% of Camrao drivers will have no need for anything more that discs up front and drums in the rear :D
Cool! I'm finally part of the 1%! :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
My 68 had manual 4 wheel drum brakes. After a couple months of power braking all the time I ended up just disconnecting the back brakes all together. So that made it 2 wheel manual drum brakes :screwy: ya i was stupid when i was young. I raced that thing like that all the time but was also very good at stopping it.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
When I was a teenager, I stopped my RWD Celica with the emergency brake, more often that not. I used to be able to throw that thing sideways into a parallel parking spot. I miss the old days... :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I used to take my parents 83 cougar, with the emergency brake PEDAL, and get into the grass along a 2 lane street and hit it. Once car was facing backwards let off the brake and punch it in drive. Spinning the crap out of the one tire while still going backwards, cut the wheels and come back onto the street doing a serious burn out. Man that was fun. Your right, the good ole days.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have never liked drum brakes and was totally stoked when they went to all disc brakes. I hope they use ceramic. My SSR has 52,000 miles and still has perfect pads and rotors and some of the ssrfanatics have over 100,000 miles and still have the OEM brakes and rotars! The best part is no "Visible" black brake dust and the clear dust that does emit from them does not cling like ordinary brake and rotar configurations. Of course, these types of brakes may not appeal to the drum enthusiasts and fans of other types of brake systems out there. Replacing Pads and Rotars is always a pain and very $$$$$$$ when the time comes. I usually only get 40K out of a set and this vehicle really has surprised me. I think GM has some terrific brake systems out now.:patriot:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts