Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to put it off as long as possible, but the wife and I had the "kid" talk the other day....Camaro's not really kid friendly. We'll probably look at the G8 GTs and possibly the HHR SS about November...Maybe a used 08 CTS...It's stupid that we now have to look for a car to haul a kid around. That's what we bought the damned 4 door RAM for, just now we can't afford to drive the mofo! Bah.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
If you need the car to haul around the family, you'll be much happier with a 4 door. I'd go with the G8 personally.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you'd still be able to have a lot of fun with the G8 GT.
No doubt...Of course, we could just keep the Corolla and I could still get a Camaro. I don't see why we have to have something brand new for a kid. Hell, the first car I remember being in as a kid was an early 80s Nissan/Datsun "Sentra."

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
No doubt...Of course, we could just keep the Corolla and I could still get a Camaro. I don't see why we have to have something brand new for a kid. Hell, the first car I remember being in as a kid was an early 80s Nissan/Datsun "Sentra."
Hell's yeah...if the Corolla is still a good reliable car, why not keep that? better on gas I'm sure.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
34 mpg last week. Aside from that, kids are messy. It makes a little more sense to use the old car. It's a good car.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Try as hard as possible to keep the Corolla and pick up a Camaro. NO reason to buy a new car for a kid, when, by age 3, they'll have spilled 35 drinks and 6 things of honey mustard all over the cloth and or leather.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
34 mpg last week. Aside from that, kids are messy. It makes a little more sense to use the old car. It's a good car.
yes...kids are messy...keep the mess contained to the old car.

Looks like you have some convincing to do.:rolleyes: Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
If....If you decide that Camaro isn't in your future +1 on the G8 GT. They are sporty and a **** good looking car. IMO

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Well, you can get almost a year out of the car before any little ones will be inside. Besides that, the child will mostly stay in the car seat for a bit. Stop thinking rationally.
Not sure what this is referring to. How do you figure the child won't be in the vehicle for at least a year? People have the car seat base in their vehicle from day one.

Also, children are in car seats or booster seats for MANY years:

The American Academy of Pediatrics says that most kids aren't ready for regular seat belts until 'the child reaches about 4'9" in height and is between 8 to 12 years of age

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
****, bro I hope you can work it out with the wife. I feel your pain......I drove a Dodge Caravan for 8 years before the tranny took a crap. By that time I had already got the wife a Yukon XL to replace her 240SX. I had a choice between an '05 GTO or '05 Magnum RT. I chose the Magnum for the looks and practicality. The GTO never really did anything for me.....sorry to any 'Goat' afficianados out there.

The Camaro will be a nice replacement for the Maggie!

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL It's time to grow up I suppose...With NICE 70-73s going for well under $20K maybe I can get a G8 GT and a second gen. ;)

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
LOL It's time to grow up I suppose...With NICE 70-73s going for well under $20K maybe I can get a G8 GT and a second gen. ;)
That's not a bad option.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A few months back there was a red 70-73 (can't remember the exact year) on eBay with an LS2...I would have killed for that car.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I still want one. It may be pushed back a bit more than I had planned. I'm getting a used 350Z now. I love my SI but it was time to get rid of it. It's going to be stored while I'm deployed again but we're selling or trading it when I get back for a used Z. I'm going to use the paid off Z while I'm finishing off my last two years of school and then I'll get something else.

Oh, my Si is back to stock now. Dear lord that car is slow. Lol. Yes, I'll admit it finally. It's slow. But it went 400 miles on a single tank of gas two times on my trip back to VA last week.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I still want one. It may be pushed back a bit more than I had planned. I'm getting a used 350Z now. I love my SI but it was time to get rid of it. It's going to be stored while I'm deployed again but we're selling or trading it when I get back for a used Z. I'm going to use the paid off Z while I'm finishing off my last two years of school and then I'll get something else.

Oh, my Si is back to stock now. Dear lord that car is slow. Lol. Yes, I'll admit it finally. It's slow. But it went 400 miles on a single tank of gas two times on my trip back to VA last week.
Look who's back from the dead! Welcome back! I love the 350zs, but my 6'5" frame has a bit of trouble fitting in them. :)

I thought you were out of the Navy?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts