Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I was ordering food at McDonalds... And I slowly turn left to pay for my food... And I guess my rear tire got stuck on a curb. To make matters worse - they gave me the wrong **** food!!! :angry:

I checked underneath and no damage to the frame (highly doubtful anyways considering the situation itself, but just checked just 'cause)...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
ah that sucks dude... it doesnt look terrible tho. take it to a shop they may be able to lighten it up if not fix it completely

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Judging by the picture and my explanation of what happened... Should I be concerned about any other damage to the car? Like I said, it just felt "stuck" and perhaps my wheel was too close to the curb. I called my dealership and explained and they told me that nothing could have happened under those circumstances to the car itself.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Judging by the picture and my explanation of what happened... Should I be concerned about any other damage to the car? Like I said, it just felt "stuck" and perhaps my wheel was too close to the curb. I called my dealership and explained and they told me that nothing could have happened under those circumstances to the car itself.
Yea i doubt anything happened to anything other then your wheel. i know people that have broken wheels from potholes and curbs with no additional damage. you were going much to slow for any real damage

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Ouch man! You just made kittens cry with that pic. It does, however, look repairable.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
If those are polished wheels then I would just powder coat them. If they are the standard rs wheel then they are painted in midnight silver which those can be painted if u want that look back.

·
Registered
145 Posts

So I was ordering food at McDonalds... And I slowly turn left to pay for my food... And I guess my rear tire got stuck on a curb. To make matters worse - they gave me the wrong **** food!!! :angry:

I checked underneath and no damage to the frame (highly doubtful anyways considering the situation itself, but just checked just 'cause)...
Just ouch man :(

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I suppose the Lord works in mysterious ways...
After work I stopped by my usual dealership and talked with the paint guys and the owner said he could get me a pricing deal he gets with a shop that does powder coating. He suggested I powder coat my rims cyber gray to match the stripes. I wanted gun metal, but having the rims match my stripes is an interesting concept. Price?
180 for all four rims.

Stopped by at McDonalds to return the uneaten burger... Drove away with a free #14 AND a free +50 McNugget meal. I guess it pays being a likable guy and being remembered as such - even at a fast-food joint eh?

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I suppose the Lord works in mysterious ways...
After work I stopped by my usual dealership and talked with the paint guys and the owner said he could get me a pricing deal he gets with a shop that does powder coating. He suggested I powder coat my rims cyber gray to match the stripes. I wanted gun metal, but having the rims match my stripes is an interesting concept. Price?
180 for all four rims.

Stopped by at McDonalds to return the uneaten burger... Drove away with a free #14 AND a free +50 McNugget meal. I guess it pays being a likable guy and being remembered as such - even at a fast-food joint eh?

Thats an awesome price i would jump on that..

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
If Ur going to have them powder coated anyway, just Rub it out Ur self until then...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts