Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked around a bit, couldn't really get a feel for it.

For a car ordered now (SS), how long to get it? 2 months, 3 months, 4 months?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
it depends on your dealer's available allocation.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Order mine in Feb got it in June. My friend ordered in May and got it last month.
That's a safe estimate I think.

IF your dealer has enough allocation when your order is sent, it could be sooner. If the order status doesn't change in 3-4 weeks it could be a long wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is the quickest you could get one assuming the dealer has an allocation? The salesman I talked to said they had allocations available and that their early demand had been met. He said I'd have it within a month, but that sounded way too soon to me.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
If the stars are right, probably about 6 weeks from order would be the soonest. I think someone here ordered on Sept. 1st and their car was built with a VIN right at a month. Now add ship time...brings it to a total of approx 5-6 weeks give or take minimum depending on how far you are from Oshawa.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks! That's what I'd expect from order to delivery and where the previous generation was running, if I can remember that far back when I ordered my T/A in 96.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Here are two examples of recent orders we placed. These are just two that HAPPEN to be on my desk right now.

1. NMMDXW - White 2SS

Order accepted by GM 7-20-2009

Delivered to Dealer 8-25-2009

Delivered to Customer 8-26-2009

2. NNHGB1 - Silver 2SS/RS with factory installed stripes

Order accepted by GM 8-14-2009

Delivered to Dealer - 9-23-2009

Now, PLEASE keep in mind that I am just hours from the Windsor border and when they leave Windsor in the morning they are here by 4 pm that same day. Don't forget, the most important piece of information is whether or not your dealer has allocation available for you.

Hope this helps.

Anna

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ordered mine on 7/30. Accepted by Chevy 8/6. Built 9/14, Delivered to dealer 9/25, picked up 9/26. Either 7 or 8 weeks, depends on how you look at it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ordered my wife's the day they started taking orders. Arrived 9 months 2 days later... My daughter said it was like having a baby :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm planning on securing financing through my bank or some other non dealer source. Just curious as to how that worked out for any of you. To the best of my knowledge, bank auto loans only stay active for a month or two. When you sign for the deposit and have your car ordered, do you set up your financing then or when the car arrives? I'm a first time new car buyer and have done a lot of research but can't find this info. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm planning on securing financing through my bank or some other non dealer source. Just curious as to how that worked out for any of you. To the best of my knowledge, bank auto loans only stay active for a month or two. When you sign for the deposit and have your car ordered, do you set up your financing then or when the car arrives? I'm a first time new car buyer and have done a lot of research but can't find this info. Thanks in advance.
Here's what we did....

Ordered car in May. Had no doubts about our credit worthiness in getting a car loan. Estimating a September arrival, in July, we applied for a loan at the credit union. The loan rate was 4.75% for 60 months, and the offer was good until October 9th. The offer was good for 90 days.

The September arrival didn't exactly work out, but that turned out to be a good thing. Knowing this (and the fact our car was TPW'd for 9/28), plus on October 1st the credit union came out with their October "fall sale" on loan rates starting at 3.75% for 60 months, we re-applied for the lower rate on Oct. 2nd and was approved again for 90 days, although if the car doesn't make it until the 5th of November, the rate goes back to 4.75% after that.

With pre-approval done, we now wait. As soon as the invoice arrived at the dealership, the paperwork could be started and a buyer's order (sales contract) preliminary copy was made available to the credit union. In a few days from now, we're going to the credit union to combine our down payment with the loan amount and the credit union will issue a cashier's check for us to take to the dealer and purchase the car.

But now knowing it's on a train ride and at the interchange in Salem, IL today, it appears I won't have to worry about us not getting a great loan rate.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
514 Posts
ordered 8/2/09, car was delivered to me on 10/7/09...almost 9 weeks after order, and I am near San Antonio Tx. It took almost a week to get here from Canada, then waited for the car to get on a truck to dealer.
shipped from Canada on 9/26 arrived in San Antonio 9/30 (6 1/2 days in railyard for dealer delivery):lol:
THE CAR IS WORTH THE WAIT!!:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts