1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
589 Posts
Im sick of seeing pink for the whole month anyways. Not to be a dick, but prostate cancer effects more people than breast cancer. Why cant it just be cancer awarness instead of breast cancer? Then do we really need it for a whole month?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Im sick of seeing pink for the whole month anyways. Not to be a dick, but prostate cancer effects more people than breast cancer. Why cant it just be cancer awarness instead of breast cancer? Then do we really need it for a whole month?
If you spent 10 seconds searching, you would find that September is Prostate Cancer awareness month.

There are many forms of cancer out there. Focusing on each specifically is the best way to create specific awareness.

Even with all of the exposure for breast cancer awareness, there is still much more they could do about it. Complaints like this are so trivial and yes, it does make you sound like a dick.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
You guys see the news article about the high school refs getting into trouble for using pink whistles?

Some coaches donated checks and used pink whistles during a game and I believe it said they were banned for 2 games because they didn't ask permission to use the whistles.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Washington-referees-may-face-ban-for-charity-pin?urn=highschool-279246
Todd Stordahl should have really taken a closer look at this if they end up banned for two games.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
If you spent 10 seconds searching, you would find that September is Prostate Cancer awareness month.

There are many forms of cancer out there. Focusing on each specifically is the best way to create specific awareness.

Even with all of the exposure for breast cancer awareness, there is still much more they could do about it. Complaints like this are so trivial and yes, it does make you sound like a dick.
Awesome! Same month as International Talk like a Pirate Day (Sept 19). :lol:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Awesome! Same month as International Talk like a Pirate Day (Sept 19). :lol:
Arrrgh! Dat's right, matey! But don't ever make pirates angry ye scurvy dog, er dey'll pin yer buccaneers to your buccan head! :lol:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Do all sport wear prostate cancer ribbons and colors? Im sorry its just annoying.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm sure HAVING cancer is annoying.

At least the program works. You're now aware of it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm sure HAVING cancer is annoying.

At least the program works. You're now aware of it.

Ive lost my mother father a grand father and a grand mother to cancer. I dont need people wearing pink ribbons to inform me of it.

Do we have aids awarness month ribbons?

Battered house wife ribbons?

Suicide prevention ribbons?

So anyways in the aspect of cancer killing my family, I guess you could say it annoys me a little bit.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Actually i have seen wristbands for the things you mentioned^^^

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
How bout this for a slogan: "Don't be a boob, support breast cancer awareness month!"

Just throwing it out there, if you don't like it just throw it right back. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts