Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well you put this thread in the wrong spot over here soo...you're banned. LOL!! That sucks man. But you're not missing much over there anyway. I barely even go over there anymore. How long is your ban for anyway?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
wow, but what the heck are you doing over there ANYwAY!!!!!! :lol:

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Welcome to the Island of Misfit Camaro owners. LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you put this thread in the wrong spot over here soo...you're banned. LOL!! That sucks man. But you're not missing much over there anyway. I barely even go over there anymore. How long is your ban for anyway?
I scored 2 points and I'm banned until the 15th!! NOOOOOO!! :lol: For this thread:

I have looked through a bunch of threads on wash and detailing but got lost and confused. My car has been on the rail car for 2 weeks and I would like to know what needs to be done as soon as I get the car?
My dealership does a really good job at hand washing their cars but I'm still a little leary. They also want to put on a coat of Zxilon? (not sure about that either?) Is there anything better than this?

Does anyone with good experience on this subject have any suggestions on some good advise and $$ friendly products....please?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
we had the zxilon put on my sons new sonic, seems pretty good but early to tell ... id like hearing other options too

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
you need to clay bar or fallout wash your new car before you put any sealant or wax on. This will insure all of the rail dust from transport is removed. The worst thing you can do is buff it since that will push all of the metallic dust down into the paint. GM has several bulletins on fallout removal with several recommended products.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
At least you did not get banned here. I did move this thread to the lounge, but I did consider putting it in the Appearance section with the way it had evolved. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
What I did was a deep wash, clay bar treatment, then used Zaino. Slicker than glass feel. It is addictive though. I have 7 applications on it so far. Car felt like sandpaper before. Now it looks like this...

·
Registered
213 Posts
People have got to stop coming to Modern Camaro to cry about being banned from Camaro5. Really besides for my local car group there, I've lost just about all interest in going to Camaro5 for several reasons. This site feels a little refreshing coming here, but just not enough content to keep me interested. Now maybe my feelings have to do with not owning a Camaro at the moment but I still love 5th gens just as much as if I did.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts