Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live streaming Scottsdale, AZ is better than watching on speed ch. I'm hooked.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I agree!! I streamed it last night and watched a friends truck go across the auction block. It was Lot #836. Today, a good friend of mine is selling his 67 Nova SS go across. It's Lot #1039.

Here's a couple video of both cars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrfCGaBv6E0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QtSnKixwL8&feature=youtu.be

The truck sold for $85,000 last night. We'll see what the Nova brings today..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Speed channel is about 2 years gone isn't it? I sure miss their race day coverage.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I just watched a '15 Z06 sell for $800,000.00!
Now THAT's Nuckin' Futs!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Dunno. I had the sound down. Still.... you can get TEN Z06s for that and have change!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Makes sense now....tax writeoff.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Rick Hendrick bought it. He has plenty of money. Usually the money from the sale of the #1 car goes to charity.
That is what I wasthinking as I read through these ... Rick Hendrick manages to get a lot of the #1 Chevy cars and they all seem to go about that price ... this is at least the third recently, maybe the fouth ... I am pretty sure he got the #1 Stingray, the #1 Z/28, and maybe another one before this

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
He also got the number 1 Camaro and Camaro convertibles. He is one rich dude.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
He is one rich dude.
Thank you Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Dale Earnhart Jr., and a boatload of car dealerships

and also Casey Kahne and Bobby Labonte (I think)

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looked like the gas monkey guy (Richard) didn't get what he wanted for a few of his.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Looked like the gas monkey guy (Richard) didn't get what he wanted for a few of his.
I was shocked to see what some of GMG cars/trucks went for....

As for Rick Hendrick, it was Terry Labonte that drove for him, not Bobby. Bobby spent most of his career with Coach Joe Gibbs. That would also be a Thank You to Tim Richmond and Ol' Darrell Waltrip as well. And yes, Rick usually buys the First of every Chevrolet model, and 100% of the proceeds go to a charity. Barrett Jackson has always played a huge role in given back and raising money.

My good friends 66 Nova Super Sport went for a cool $75,000 while the 56 Ford F100 went for $85,000. I'm hoping that "Hugger", my 69 RS/SS Camaro goes for about the same price, once the full rotisserie restoration is completed.

And speaking of cars bringing insane amounts of money, about Pratt's Collection?!? That was amazing and jaw-dropping to watch!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Don't forget Geoff Bodine! The first Hendrick driver...
Touche!! I completely forgot about good ol' Bodine!! I'll never forget his first win..... :thumbsup:

Seeing the Hendrick Museum over the Holidays was amazing. All the history, all the sacrifice.... And then the dreaded plane crash. I left there with a different amount of respect for Mr. Rick.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Touche!! I completely forgot about good ol' Bodine!! I'll never forget his first win..... :thumbsup:

Seeing the Hendrick Museum over the Holidays was amazing. All the history, all the sacrifice.... And then the dreaded plane crash. I left there with a different amount of respect for Mr. Rick.
the Hendrick Museum? Where is that?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
the Hendrick Museum? Where is that?
Concord North Carolina. It's about a mile from Charlotte Motor Speedway. The Museum is free and they give a 10% discount to all Veterans of the Military. You can also go into the 5/24 and the 48/88 shops and watch the crews/engineers work on the cars. The entire facility is state of the art, and to see so many cars on display, the history- was amazing!!

You should definitely go. Well worth the trip....... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
So you get paid to go? Free but you get 10% :)

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Oh okay, I didn't know they referred to that as a museum (though now I understand) ... I didn't recall anything about the plane crash, so I was thinking you were talking about something else ... it is a great place to visit but we tend to go on race weekend and its pretty quiet in the shops on race day ... thanks for the clarification

and kc0cmj ... 10% off free would still be free :D ($0 X 0.10=$0)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts