Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this up on camaroz28.com but forgot to post it here.

:)

This is just an informational post due to the great ways you can see the difference.

The picture above is without the RS package, as you can see, inside the actual taillight itself the bottom "U" shape is the red color.

This last picture though shows a much darker lip on the "U" shape in the taillight, almost a dark maroon.

Hope this helps ;)

PS: Credit to Dragoneye from Camaro5 ;)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Barely any change... no one will ever notice
I sorta did. The back of the ss looks very different without the rs package. The pics from indy had me saying: "those taillights look different from the V6, but I can't figure out why..."

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I like the RS tails better...the package is still overpriced IMO (I did order it though).

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Considering all you're getting, it's not THAT bad.

HID headlights WITH halos..spoiler..new wheels, and I can't remember what else.
ok, but I think the RS on an SS should be priced lower because your already getting the rims and spoiler.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

didn't mean to start a price debate. I ordered the RS package for the fact that the halo headlights look much better than the stock lights. it's only money.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I don't think the RS package on an SS changes the wheels or the tires. It already comes with 20's...does it not? and if the RS wheels are different...are they just painted a different color? I don't think we've seen any pictures of rims that look different.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
So far I like the non RS rear lamps best.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
The rims on the RS package are RS only wheels, they're the midnight silver ones. And yes, if you order the RS package on the SS, you get the RS wheels. Unless you specify differently.

Rims:
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8707
OK (wow, missed that thread)...but they are the same rims, just painted differently...big deal. I'll probably get the polished rims anyway. OH, and those 21's are butt-ugly. $4k+ for those...nice waste of $$.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The rims on the RS package are RS only wheels, they're the midnight silver ones. And yes, if you order the RS package on the SS, you get the RS wheels. Unless you specify differently.

Rims:
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8707
woot, luwinkle searched!

OK (wow, missed that thread)...but they are the same rims, just painted differently...big deal. I'll probably get the polished rims anyway. OH, and those 21's are butt-ugly. $4k+ for those...nice waste of $$.
how could you of missed the thread? i started them both at the same time hahah *hugs*

like it was said before by Tim, when is anything from the dealer priced and you go "wow, thats a great price for a dealer option after production"? usually never, so of course their overpriced, who cares? only thing that matters prior to production is how they look, price can change.

im firmly debating the polished to the midnight silver...im not a rims guy but moreso a clean look. so ima save my overall decision till i can compare up close in my color.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts