Modern Camaro Forums banner

Base Camaro and RS Taillight Differences (pics)

8K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  APCamaro 
#1 ·
Had this up on camaroz28.com but forgot to post it here.

:)

This is just an informational post due to the great ways you can see the difference.

The picture above is without the RS package, as you can see, inside the actual taillight itself the bottom "U" shape is the red color.

This last picture though shows a much darker lip on the "U" shape in the taillight, almost a dark maroon.

Hope this helps ;)

PS: Credit to Dragoneye from Camaro5 ;)

See less See more
#13 · (Edited)
I don't think the RS package on an SS changes the wheels or the tires. It already comes with 20's...does it not? and if the RS wheels are different...are they just painted a different color? I don't think we've seen any pictures of rims that look different.

#14 ·
#16 ·
OK (wow, missed that thread)...but they are the same rims, just painted differently...big deal. I'll probably get the polished rims anyway. OH, and those 21's are butt-ugly. $4k+ for those...nice waste of $$.

#21 ·
Great thread. No difference to me.

I'll just have mine color matched to the car.

#22 ·
Have you guys not seen the difference when the tail lamps are activated at night and/or the brakes are applied!? HUGE difference and it looks fantastic on the RS package..obviously you arent going to see a difference when they are not applied...stand by...I'll find the photos

#23 ·
The RS package gives you this appearance. When you are in motion and brakes are NOT applied it gives you the afterburner affect.... as opposed to the standard typical tail lamps which obviously the whole lamp is luminated dim and then bright when brakes are applied.

When breaks are applied on the RS that middle "dark spot" luminates...you guys may not think so, but I think that along with the HIDs are cool as hell.

#25 ·

Real enough? that is with brakes applied....although it is the concept but that is supposively the same tail lamps used for production per GM sales guide....

I suppose when the brakes are released they look similar to the first picture I posted...yes I have a real picture of that as well on my home computer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.