Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:5thgensteer: I have been looking at the threads about pully your battery cable lose to get the performance we should be getting from our LS3, I wasnt sure if my salesman put 87 or 91 octain in her. I have had my girl for a little over two months and just today did i do that very thing pulled the cable and waited 1/2 hour hooked her up wala she is talking now, thanks for the info guys.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
how long after getting the car should you do that bama? and what exactly does it do? i haven't heard anything about this till this thread

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
how long after getting the car should you do that bama? and what exactly does it do? i haven't heard anything about this till this thread
Basically if the dealer put in less then 91 octane gas in it you will be using the lower octane fuel tables. It is suppose to correct its self when you put in 91 o higher and run it for a while but doesnt so you need to do the fuse pull on the automatics or disconnect the battery cables for around 10 minutes on the M6. That will reset it and it will detect your 91 or higher octane and use the correct fuel tables from that point forward as long as you continue to use 91+ gas.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basically if the dealer put in less then 91 octane gas in it you will be using the lower octane fuel tables. It is suppose to correct its self when you put in 91 o higher and run it for a while but doesnt so you need to do the fuse pull on the automatics or disconnect the battery cables for around 10 minutes on the M6. That will reset it and it will detect your 91 or higher octane and use the correct fuel tables from that point forward as long as you continue to use 91+ gas.
:5thgensteer: couldnt of said it better.

·
Registered
169 Posts
BE SURE to disconnect the NEGATIVE/Ground/Black terminal from the trunk! Don't disconnect the Positive/red cable or you could cause an arc and melt the cable to metal!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Yes. Apparently there has been issues with the original PCM programming recognizing the higher octane and necessitating the reset. And later updates "corrected" said problem. Not sure if that's wive's tale or not. For me, the jury's still out on the real-life benefits other than an excercise in busywork. But I guess popping a couple of fuses wouldn't hurt.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I pulled my fuses for the hell of it one night then woke up and reinstalled them the next morning HOLY HELL :lol:

I work with guy who has a 1SS No Rs with an automatic and leaving work and heading to the Gym I leave him at least a car length and a half every day lol " this is done on a private road behind our work where only company employees can be so no im not putting anyone in danger "

I even tell him what all my car is in as in "M" and whats on and whats off no matter what he does he cant touch me :lol:

People who have rode in my car say its a freak by nature car.....just one of those strong ones I guess. 30 MPH punch and it will bark the tires lightly when it changes into the next gear I guess I will see in about 3 weeks after she gets a few mods installed and a dyno where she stands.

And No she is not Tuned 100% Stock :thumbsup: I just take it easy I dont dog it and I run nothing but 93 octane from Shell inside her tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts