Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first time posting. I have a 2010 Camaro V6. I got it to redo for my wife. The motor was bad, 6 rockers were missing and I assume in the engine somewhere. I found a good running motor and installed it, also upgraded the stereo, brakes, suspension and exhaust. The old engine turned over and the new engine ran fine, but when I went to start the car with the new engine it will not start, there’s a communication problem between the ecm and the bcm according to the scanner. The dash lights all come on, stereo works, gauges move as they should when the key is turned to the on position but when I go to the start position it acts like the battery is dead. I have checked battery and all connections and like I said the scanner says it’s a communication problem. Now I do have the doors, trunk lid and hood off because I am prepping for paint, is the problem the fact that the doors are not plugged in? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello this is my first time posting. I have a 2010 Camaro V6. I got it to redo for my wife. The motor was bad, 6 rockers were missing and I assume in the engine somewhere. I found a good running motor and installed it, also upgraded the stereo, brakes, suspension and exhaust. The old engine turned over and the new engine ran fine, but when I went to start the car with the new engine it will not start, there’s a communication problem between the ecm and the bcm according to the scanner. The dash lights all come on, stereo works, gauges move as they should when the key is turned to the on position but when I go to the start position it acts like the battery is dead. I have checked battery and all connections and like I said the scanner says it’s a communication problem. Now I do have the doors, trunk lid and hood off because I am prepping for paint, is the problem the fact that the doors are not plugged in? Thanks
The ECM probably needs to be wiped and reprogrammed. It may be thinking it’s being stolen and the anti-theft kicking in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The ECM probably needs to be wiped and reprogrammed. It may be thinking it’s being stolen and the anti-theft kicking in.
The BCM May have also been damaged or lost its programming. Same thing happened to my Silverado and had to replace the BCM. 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Sounds like the BCM needs to be married to the car. Your Chevy dealer can do this in no time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts