Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a lil reminder for everyone to be safe.....know the limits of ur car.... know the roads

i just got back from being pulled off a light pole...icy road couldnt get stopped in time....

just be carefull

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i knew i couldnt get stopped...it was either go over the bank and end up on my top or pull the brake and try to get the rear around and catch the pole....

been looking for a reason to get a new hood and spoiler anyway...lol

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
yeah i knew i couldnt get stopped...it was either go over the bank and end up on my top or pull the brake and try to get the rear around and catch the pole....

been looking for a reason to get a new hood and spoiler anyway...lol
Glad you are okay. If I was in TN, I could fix it for ya!:D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive done been bugging a buddy in nashville to paint the hood and spoiler for me... he just wants some pics to see how bad it looks now.......

if he cant...i'll just pimier the spot til i can pay it off when i get back from iraq and buy an awd something......

besides....how bad the body looks doenst affect the performance...., shes still good enough to lay a whooping on everything in town :lol:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
:eek:OUCH! That might be a bit tough to save that quarter panel!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I've seen worse quarter panels get fixed.
You'd be surprised what kinda dents they can pull out nowadays. :)
That may be true, but it depends on the sheetmetal guage, its condition, and if you want filler or a new panel. If that dent was on some Korean or Japanese tin can, I would guess "saving" it would be real tough. I know this from 26 years experience in the bodyshop biz.:) Of course your "friendly" "honest" insurance adjuster will tell you he "could fix in 2 hours!" UMMMMMMMMMMMMM, no.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well there is three creases......i have to buy a new quarter panel in the end......rather do that than have a bunch of body filller

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
A proper body shop can pull that out and fix it right with zero body filler.
My buddy's 2000 Trans Am was worse than that, and it was fixed, not replaced, and zero body filler.

Replacing a quarter panel on a 4th Gen is extremely expensive.
Don't ask how I know. lol

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
For the on-topic record:
One must be careful when taking a left turn out of the Stonybrook parkinglot onto Fern Valley/Hurstbourne Rd while the roads are wet. For even if one has 300+lbs of cinderblock in one's truckbed one's truck's rear-end can lose traction and thusly send one flying side-to-side in a vain effort of regaining control of one's vehicle. And one can feel one's heartbeat for some time afterwards.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
For the on-topic record:
One must be careful when taking a left turn out of the Stonybrook parkinglot onto Fern Valley/Hurstbourne Rd while the roads are wet. For even if one has 300+lbs of cinderblock in one's truckbed one's truck's rear-end can lose traction and thusly send one flying side-to-side in a vain effort of regaining control of one's vehicle. And one can feel one's heartbeat for some time afterwards.
Thankyou, Lu, for that public service message. I will note this if I am ever back in Louisville.:D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Thankyou, Lu, for that public service message. I will note this if I am ever back in Louisville.:D
It freaked me out, man. I was going normal speed on that turn. And I mean normal normal. Not "normal for me" which is cranking the wheel and hitting the gas as the rear end flies out and loud tire screeching is heard.

BTW, if you're ever back in Louisville, you can fix the rust spot on my truck mr. body-and-paint-man. :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
It freaked me out, man. I was going normal speed on that turn. And I mean normal normal. Not "normal for me" which is cranking the wheel and hitting the gas as the rear end flies out and loud tire screeching is heard.

BTW, if you're ever back in Louisville, you can fix the rust spot on my truck mr. body-and-paint-man. :D
No problem, but its gonna cost ya.....:DHow about enough for a down payment on my 2010 Camaro?:lol:

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Ouch, I don't think his S-10 is worth that much is it? :D I know my truck isn't.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ouch, I don't think his S-10 is worth that much is it? :D I know my truck isn't.
SHHHHHHHHH! Your'e gonna ruin my grand scheme!:D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Fbodgrad I'm glad you didn't get hurt. That is why I have a 97 GMC Jimmy for a DD. Cause if my GTO got that kind of damage I'd be more than upset. Last week we had a big snow storm (today its in the 60s!!!) And I hit a corner/ light fast to miss the red and did a 540 spin(4wd doesn't work anymore) but hit my turn signal and saved it to make an unexpected turn on a conviently placed road right after the light. This winter has been bad in IL, seen some bad winter accidents/ deaths and even had someone take off my rv mirror with no other damage in a parking lot. I will continue to drive offensively (not the same as rudely or insanely). Wish everyone a safe and accident free 2008. And always wear your seat belt cause they do save lives. By habit I put mine on before I put my key in the ignition. My best habit!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts